Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Trade me disappointments

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just don't deal with the cunts, ever. Have some principles and stick to them
    To cast the proverbial feline among the avian, I use them for what they're good for. They are accessible, generally present a good variety and in my experience, their customer service has been satisfactory. Admittedly I only ever purchase ammunition and the odd consumable, would never buy a rifle or similar big ticket item from them.

Bidding on a TM auction is to me is folly. The table is titled, the game is rigged. The house always wins.
    Maca49 and Steve123 like this.
    "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

- John Correia

Retail Selling is History = God save the Retail Industry - (aint gunna happen sorry chaps)
    They on the way out/down
    Poor bastards
    RIP

Got told by someone this is called shill bidding and is illegal.
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    All I can say is to the prick that swooped on the buy now I was offered after not even a minute after it was offered 'go f yaself'!! I hope that little pink bicycle seat goes up ya bum!
    @Gibo There are a number of third party aps for trademe that allow you to preprogram a buy now limit, so say reserve is $500 (with no current buy now) and you are willing to pay $600 if a buy now is place, as soon as the auctioneer puts in a buy now that is $600 or lower it automatically buys the item for you.
    Sarvo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    @Gibo There are a number of third party aps for trademe that allow you to preprogram a buy now limit, so say reserve is $500 (with no current buy now) and you are willing to pay $600 if a buy now is place, as soon as the auctioneer puts in a buy now that is $600 or lower it automatically buys the item for you.
    Sounds like a good ap for scumbags
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Sounds like a good ap for scumbags
    I don't need an app to be an arsehole. I've taken advantage of lots of peoples request for a buy now.

Got some bloody good deals/steals when the buy now gets posted at way less than the buy now I was going to request.
    Savage1, GravelBen and Tommy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Maybe 'stevie68' is an in house 'bidder' to get retail up.
    His "buying" feedback says he bought --16-- items from them on 31/1/18.
    Waaay more than slightly smelly
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    His "buying" feedback says he bought --16-- items from them on 31/1/18.
    Waaay more than slightly smelly

And those are just from the auctions he accidently won.

The purpose of a shill bidder is not to win but just push up the price, and steve68 is certainly doing that. steve68 is bidding on over half of the two dozen $1 reserve auctions I just looked at.

This is quite clearly a shill account his last 500 feedbacks are all from gun city over the last 2 and a half years. Prior to that this account has 500 feedbacks from sexybaby2012 and lostadam82.

I’ve never really bough in on the whole “gun city is evil, you should never buy anything from them” thing as the evidence always seems to be stories about unknowledgeable retail staff. However employing shill bidders really does cross a line.
    Tommy likes this.

Ive used them fairly frequently but found the best way was to deal with a specific person.however earlier last week called in there after 18 months away and frankly i left disappointed -ammo alone up by 20-25% in bulk prices altho camoed to an extent by 10-15%off marked price for 100 rd etc bulk buys.
    seems also to be a change of atmosphere -place is taking on a cluttered look with lots of ex mil surplus stuff clogging up shelves.
    had to laugh though -remember their big OE when they bugled about discovering and importing 2 containers of x finnish military german scuttle helmets.see theyre still trying to flog em off.-Id have thought this was the domain of the likes of kiwi disposals.
    In fact as i sitting typing this i cant help but wonder if in fact the tipple clan may be feeling the pinch??
    Steve123 likes this.

I wonder what effect it would have if all of us made complaints with trademe? one person complaining they might ignore, but a whole bunch of complaints...
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I wonder what effect it would have if all of us made complaints with trademe? one person complaining they might ignore, but a whole bunch of complaints...
    Agree. Better chance that folk who were bidded up will get compensation which is what’s happened in the past it seems.

I looked at the account and thought it looked very suspicious. Gave the person benefit of the doubt, maybe they buy up a whole lot of their $1 reserves and on sell them. Turn a quick profit.
    But its the same sellers they're constantly buying off. men's and woman's kinky lingerie along with firearms, must be an interesting fetish for them.

After loosing an auction to him, does Guncity then go and offer a "similar" product to you at a price you were willing to pay?
    Boaraxa and Steve123 like this.

That's Commerce Commission territory really
    Savage1 and gadgetman like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

I had that happen to me with a different seller years ago buying a rifle. He used his wifes TM account to bump the price up

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post

After loosing an auction to him, does Guncity then go and offer a "similar" product to you at a price you were willing to pay?
    I would imagine Gun City would offer you the same product at the price they usually sell it for, not what you were willing to pay.

Shill bidding is simply a fact of life with auctions. Just not always as blatant as Gun City does it.

A few years ago, the auctioneers at a well known car auction company in Lower Hutt used to take quite a few bids off the Coke machine at the back of the room so as to maximise their commission.

You could sit up in the mezzanine with the licensed dealers watching it happen.
    Settings - My Account - Edit Ignore List - Add a Member to Your List - User Name - Okay.