Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Trade me disappointments

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Let the Commerce Commsion know if Trademe wont do any thing.
    This.

Shill bidding is illegal.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I responded on the other thread but did not realise this one was up too.

For those who didn't see it, I'm Dan - I used to run the Website and Trademe team for Gun City for the last few years and now am running the Wellington branch and like I mentioned previously, I just want to clear this one up because we get countless TM questions about it, and I have seen the talk on the matter and genuinely am just here to try and offer some insight.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I completely COMPLETELY can understand how, when you look at the trademe user's account, how it may be seen from the outside - we barely believe it ourselves. As mentioned in the other thread, that particular user is an extremely active and loyal customer of ours. I have personally spoken to him on a number of occasions to come and collect all of the stuff he has bought because it piles up and we run out of room (we quite literally have an area of the storeroom dedicated to his purchases). He is not a shill, he is just an eccentric and idiosyncratic gentleman. We quite honestly have no idea why he buys some of the things he does.

From the comments in this thread I can see there are a number of people who nothing I say is going to convince them otherwise (and that's totally fine). What I will ask, is that when the Commerce Commission do their due diligence and find said user and their transactions to be 100% legitimate, that these threads are amended to reflect that. You may have your grievances with us and I'm genuinely sorry that you do, there are lots of things I cannot speak to, but from a part of the business I was intimately involved with all I can do is assure you that yes, while that user is intense (understatement) with volume of purchases, they are completely legitimate, no matter how batshit crazy they may seem.

Give me a call, I will fill you in on anything you would like (without breaching privacy) - I'm happy to run through all the reasons that what is being suggested doesn't make any sense. We're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars in success fees alone for starters.

Any questions, by all means get in touch

Dan

04 891 8888
    dan@guncity.co.nz

Again brilliant answer

Quote Originally Posted by SEdan View Post

For those who didn't see it, I'm Dan - I used to run the Website and Trademe team for Gun City for the last few years and now am running the Wellington branch and like I mentioned previously, I just want to clear this one up because we get countless TM questions about it, and I have seen the talk on the matter and genuinely am just here to try and offer some insight.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I completely COMPLETELY can understand how, when you look at the trademe user's account, how it may be seen from the outside - we barely believe it ourselves. As mentioned in the other thread, that particular user is an extremely active and loyal customer of ours. I have personally spoken to him on a number of occasions to come and collect all of the stuff he has bought because it piles up and we run out of room (we quite literally have an area of the storeroom dedicated to his purchases). He is not a shill, he is just an eccentric and idiosyncratic gentleman. We quite honestly have no idea why he buys some of the things he does.

From the comments in this thread I can see there are a number of people who nothing I say is going to convince them otherwise (and that's totally fine). What I will ask, is that when the Commerce Commission do their due diligence and find said user and their transactions to be 100% legitimate, that these threads are amended to reflect that. You may have your grievances with us and I'm genuinely sorry that you do, there are lots of things I cannot speak to, but from a part of the business I was intimately involved with all I can do is assure you that yes, while that user is intense (understatement) with volume of purchases, they are completely legitimate, no matter how batshit crazy they may seem.

Give me a call, I will fill you in on anything you would like (without breaching privacy) - I'm happy to run through all the reasons that what is being suggested doesn't make any sense. We're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars in success fees alone for starters.

Dan

04 891 8888
    dan@guncity.co.nz
    Thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed explanation and for appreciating the concerns the described behaviour creates. Not much else to be said really. Cheers
    Blisters, norsk and SEdan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SEdan View Post

Dan

04 891 8888
    dan@guncity.co.nz
    Good to see a response - if this is genuine, then you will have no problem with the Commerce Commission investigating: not sure talking to you solves anything, but an investigation should resolve this and Trademe's crap attitude to responding to a genuine concern.
    SEdan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Good to see a response - if this is genuine, then you will have no problem with the Commerce Commission investigating: not sure talking to you solves anything, but an investigation should resolve this and Trademe's crap attitude to responding to a genuine concern.
    Totally, I've got no concerns with Commerce Commission looking into it at all, in fact I wish they would so we can put this to bed completely. I'm not here to try and stop that at all.
    Blisters likes this.

Stevie68 must have a big shed to put all this stuff in mybe the police need to go see him and find out if he is a fit and proper person

Must be a big bloody fish bin to fit everything in

that last one sig swiss rifle cleaning kit-ibought one myself and added a 12g bronze brush to the kit -resides in my hunting "webbing'bloody good deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
    Stevie68 must have a big shed to put all this stuff in mybe the police need to go see him and find out if he is a fit and proper person
    you may well be onto something there after all hoarding is not uncommon in those with mental health issues,you only have to watch some of these TV shows.myself ive actually had to go into a place years ago guy was a hoarder ++++-dog turds to be precise.a concrete mixer would have spewed its ring out in there i tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    you may well be onto something there after all hoarding is not uncommon in those with mental health issues,you only have to watch some of these TV shows.myself ive actually had to go into a place years ago guy was a hoarder ++++-dog turds to be precise.a concrete mixer would have spewed its ring out in there i tell ya.
    Im not believing its legit if it was stevie would be bidding on other $1 auctions as well, after looking at gun safes last few days its nice to no if one where to bid on a non gun city safe there would be no stevie68 , craigsecret or big jim to compete with.
    This year will go down in history . For the first time a civilised nation has full gun registration . Our streets will be safer , our police more efficient , and the world follow our lead into the future" Adolf Hitler ,1935

Interesting looking through his feedback...seems to have interesting hobbies...three main sellers he'd "bought" from over the last several years

https://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/gun-city-christchurch

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Li...member=4231750

https://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/amazing-fashion
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Im not believing its legit if it was stevie would be bidding on other $1 auctions as well, after looking at gun safes last few days its nice to no if one where to bid on a non gun city safe there would be no stevie68 , craigsecret or big jim to compete with.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....tml#post675117

I'm pretty sure he is legit, if not a little unusual.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Looking at what he bought, I would say he has a eye for a bargain, some are at trade price, most probably sells a lot of this stuff off to others, perhaps he owns a gun shop, I know of other shops who buy off trade me. I am not too worried about his mental state, but I am just as as worried about others paranoid conspiracy theories about his purchases .
    Last edited by Taff; 15-02-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Spelling