Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By timattalon
  • 1 Post By Sarvo

Thread: Trade me freight fees

Trade me freight fees

Has any one else herd the from 14 march Trade me will be charging a success fee for freight of 7-8% of your auction, so they will now be taking an extra cut from your shipping costs on top of the auction sale

That's bollocks. Price gouging and double dipping. They really are taking the piss.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Good news for local shooting suppliers. Really.

This extra gouging appears to only apply to" īn-trade" sellers

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    This extra gouging appears to only apply to" īn-trade" sellers
    YUP. Which is why I will be listing far less with them. I wasn't listing much anyway. The way I see it is that it means that prices will have to increase enough to cover the charge. The reason they claim they are doing it is so sellers make things freight free rather than add freight on where needed. I pointed out to them that this now means those that pick up are now subsidising those that need freight so they are now paying for something that some one else gets. I told them this is unfair and said that if I list something I will no longer add freight and will work out the freight with the buyer after the sale has gone through. They didn't really like this but I told them I am not going to rip my local customers off because trade me wants to be a dick about it. They said they could decide to pull my listings to which I replied, fine, then that means you will pull every listing.

My listings will probably state in the auction itself something along the lines of that "Freight nation wide will normally be $25 and rural will be an additional $6 if needed. This will be confirmed and organised when I know where it is being sent to."
    Beetroot, Nickoli, 6x47 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    YUP. Which is why I will be listing far less with them. I wasn't listing much anyway. The way I see it is that it means that prices will have to increase enough to cover the charge. The reason they claim they are doing it is so sellers make things freight free rather than add freight on where needed. I pointed out to them that this now means those that pick up are now subsidising those that need freight so they are now paying for something that some one else gets. I told them this is unfair and said that if I list something I will no longer add freight and will work out the freight with the buyer after the sale has gone through. They didn't really like this but I told them I am not going to rip my local customers off because trade me wants to be a dick about it. They said they could decide to pull my listings to which I replied, fine, then that means you will pull every listing.

My listings will probably state in the auction itself something along the lines of that "Freight nation wide will normally be $25 and rural will be an additional $6 if needed. This will be confirmed and organised when I know where it is being sent to."
    "Free shipping", you mean shipping included in the price.

This will just encourage sellers to do what you have said, for to have fake $1 buy nows and process the transaction over email.

Its probably not to much of a hassle for small low price items, but expensive and/or large items its not overly practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    "Free shipping", you mean shipping included in the price.

This will just encourage sellers to do what you have said, for to have fake $1 buy nows and process the transaction over email.

Its probably not to much of a hassle for small low price items, but expensive and/or large items its not overly practical.
    Exactly. Not what I would call honest trading. If you hide the freight in the price it is not fair on those who arrange alternative methods such as pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Exactly. Not what I would call honest trading. If you hide the freight in the price it is not fair on those who arrange alternative methods such as pick up.
    For Trademe it's more an issue with sellers hiding the price in the freight. Sellers who use real freight costs will be the ones to pay.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Mrs bought a lifeproof case for her iPhone a wee while ago "bargain!" She tells me, only $80 for the one she wanted and they sell in the shops for $100, she just hits buy now and uses paynow to pay, looked at the details after, Shipping:$31!!!!!! For a farking poxy plastic phone case that would fit in an envelope!
    #30GANG....

Can "intrade" sellers use the Don't know arrange later option for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Can "intrade" sellers use the Don't know arrange later option for shipping?
    Can someone explain "intrade sellers" please ?

I got TM email - but cannot absorb it - prob because sick of Trade (all for them) Me and their heavy handed greedy ways now
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

I got TM email - but cannot absorb it - prob because sick of Trade (all for them) Me and their heavy handed greedy ways now
    I think it's if your making a living or a shop/importer.
    I have asked someone on here about a trademe listing and done a deal. I'm pretty sure we were both happy with the results.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

Their "in trade" is not much different as far as selling goes to a normal trader. IE it is not cheaper. All it does is let trade me and buyers know that it is a business sale rather than a person selling their own stuff. If you sell new items or are trading then you should be in trade. If you are simply selling stuff as a private personal trade to get rid of something then not so much. If you are selling for more than you paid for it on a regular basis, or you expect to make money from regular sales then you should be "in trade".