Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: trademe

Impure Lead Flinger

trademe

Are too big for thir boots .......

$620 sale and the fee was $34 + $1 to load an set it up... I mean with the amount of traffic alone they generate their turnover must be massive... Plus its a 0900 to call for assistance....

Bloody place has had it too good too long..

Its a monopoly they are obviously indulging in.....

Anyway gripe over, back to work for me

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Mate I had no idea it was that costly. Between my wife and my daughter frequently buying and selling all manner of things I think I now need to develop a better understanding of which of us is paying the fees. I have a strong suspicion it will be the mug typing this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

TM is one big monopoly other auction sites have popped up but they are not as successful as TM and alot of people gripe abgout TM but fail to use the other sites like sella. And as for that 0900 number they make shitloads off that too I think it is about time they offered an 0800 number for general queries.

Impure Lead Flinger
    add to that advertising income from page veiws and such..... We are being extorted here.... And it doesnt get reflected in the sale price either...
    crzyman likes this.

My gripe with TM is their Gestapo attitude. Insisting on a firearms licence number for items which the law doesn't require. Their only point of contact being via a 0900 number which in effect means if you have a complaint you have to pay them so you can make that complaint.
    It is possible to shaft them though. If you sell stuff regularly, list a bogus auction of an item that they allow a contact number for (car, bike, boat, house etc, they are available on a set fee until sold) and direct viewers to check your other auctions. Then deal with enquiries by email or phone. It may be a bit more involved than that but it is possible.

TM works well for me. Fees are not cheap, I agree, but I get stuff sold and I find it an easy site to use.
    You get what you pay for and it works much better than listing in a paper, for me anyhow.
    Why do people ring TM? Emails are free and the only time I have had an issue (very minor), I had a prompt response.
    If people need to ring, they should pay. I don't won't to subsidise those to impatient to wait for an email response.

I will admit I was a bit miffed when I realised that a $1 no reserve auction no longer got you a free gallery listing, but not enough to throw my toys.

I think the OP is the sort of person who if their arse was on fire would bitch and moan if I pissed on it to put it out

Yeah I think we need an Ebay to set up here

Yeah, er, I was a bit miffed by TM wanting a firearms licence number to purchase ammo? I did not think this was the law.

Also, try selling a car!!! Geese, almost not worth it with the success fees.

..oh and another thing, gotta love those grumpy people with computers who troll the comments sections on "cool auctions"! :p
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Hypothetically, what one could do is have an actual FL licence number and a trademe FL licence number

The law does say you need a licence to purchase ammo, and you can be prosecuted for having ammo without a licence. You dont need a licance to buy projectile or cases but you need it for loaded ammo.

Yes the fees are high but when you sell stuff at gun auctions, the seller pays a fee and the buyer also pays a buyers premium so they get fees from the buyer and seller, at least trade me arent doing that yet. I think the buyers premium is about 5% or so, so you add that to your bid and there you go.
    Maybe this site should create a auction site for firearms and ammo.

Whatever happened to the gunfirereload site that existed

That doesnt work. They actually check each licence number and report ones that are false to the Police. Fat fingers caused me to get mine wrong and I got a warning for using a licence number that didnt exist.
    crzyman likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Oh I can just read it now
    For Sale. 1 x Trueflight Ultra Match barrel chambered in 243 Tuibob Express
    One lady owner, only fired 200 rounds
    Buy now and Ill throw in a free suppressor
    veitnamcam and R93 like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Oh I can just read it now
    For Sale. 1 x Trueflight Ultra Match barrel chambered in 243 Tuibob Express
    One lady owner, only fired 200 rounds
    Buy now and Ill throw in a free suppressor
    Shot!!!!

Impure Lead Flinger
    Its chrome moly and blued.... Are you interested wee james???? Ill do you a special deal... Onli $500 with suppresser fitted