Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: TV on the fritz

  1. #16
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,279
    Take a teaspoon of sauce anyway.
    GravelBen likes this.

  2. #17
    Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clarks Beach, (South of) Auckland
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah il try find my receipt and get all cray cray with jb hi fi.
    They'll refer you straight to the manufacturer, even though it is the retailer's problem.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    mikee and Gibo like this.

  3. #18
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Hi team, TV just shat its arse by the looks. Picture has all these horizontal lines like the graphic card (is that even a thing) is loose. Blurred colours but mainly black. Can sometimes pick up the channel number when changing them....HD ports doing the same so not aerial issue.

    Turned it off and gave it a few taps around the place and it went ok again for a few minutes.

    Samsung LED about 4 years old.

    Worth getting it looked at? @gonetropo??
    Check with Citizen's Advice Bureau, Gibo. A reasonable life expectation of a TV is relative to its price. From memory, a $1500 TV should reasonably last 5-10 years. You may well have a case for a refund. Do not roll over.

    We had a similar issue, shop sent it to its repairman, he confirmed it was dead, we got refund (don't get an equal inch screen size replacement, as that usually means lower specs than the one you bought 4 yrs ago - higher specs are often on the biggest screen sizes).
    Gibo likes this.

  4. #19
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    3,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Mines working again
    When it dies buy an LG

  5. #20
    Member Marty Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    2,694
    Theres nothing wrong with your tv I suspect its one of those artificial intelligence equipt ones and its just saving your sanity by censoring out the crap that is dished out to the public these days as news or entertainment.
    mikee, Pengy and 223nut like this.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Hi team, TV just shat its arse by the looks. Picture has all these horizontal lines like the graphic card (is that even a thing) is loose. Blurred colours but mainly black. Can sometimes pick up the channel number when changing them....HD ports doing the same so not aerial issue.

    Turned it off and gave it a few taps around the place and it went ok again for a few minutes.

    Samsung LED about 4 years old.

    Worth getting it looked at? @gonetropo??
    Sorry i couldnt reply earlier, i went to change the email addy in my profile and now am locked out.

    Samsung TV's had a very bad run a few years back of using electrolytic capacitors that failed, they are cheap as chips to replace and you can replace all the ones that fail in the power supply for about $15.
    they cause all sorts of issues from black lines to weird coloured bars on the screen. you can tell which ones have failed as they will look swollen or have brown goo spilling out from the base of them.

  7. #22
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    19,721
    Quote Originally Posted by gone-tropo View Post
    Sorry i couldnt reply earlier, i went to change the email addy in my profile and now am locked out.

    Samsung TV's had a very bad run a few years back of using electrolytic capacitors that failed, they are cheap as chips to replace and you can replace all the ones that fail in the power supply for about $15.
    they cause all sorts of issues from black lines to weird coloured bars on the screen. you can tell which ones have failed as they will look swollen or have brown goo spilling out from the base of them.
    So its worth asking a tv repair guy, do they still exist?

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Take a teaspoon of sauce anyway.
    What is this 'sauce' that you speak of,young Key?

  9. #24
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    So its worth asking a tv repair guy, do they still exist?
    Yes and yes.
    Gibo and Cordite like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  10. #25
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    13,835
    Looks like you have a Tisco in Tauranga.
    Gibo likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  11. #26
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    1,833
    @Gibo, take it to a TV repair guy through the seller so as not to void your consumer rights. It seems wrong just to toss it - even if you get a new one in return.
    Gibo likes this.

  12. #27
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    What is this 'sauce' that you speak of,young Key?
    Whatever sauce was used on @Angus A @ryansonghurst and others at the Toby shoot. I assume he has a stock of it.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    76
    tisco went bust years ago

  14. #29
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,652
    Quote Originally Posted by gone-tropo View Post
    tisco went bust years ago
    I did my apprenticeship with them in the 80's (god I'm old) before I wise'd up and found commercial customers are far better to work for/with than the general public

  15. #30
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    19,721
    Its 8 years old not liking my chances

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!