Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree320Likes

Thread: U.K. our way

U.K. our way

Will post photos and stuff here!

Holyhead!!
    Name:  IMG_1136.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  553.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1138.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  443.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1138.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  443.1 KB

Great day yesterday, Trained from Birmingham to Holyhead, walked through Birmingham, some beautiful history being surrounded by new developments cranes everywhere, place feels dirty though canels mud brown and smoke buts everywhere. As I have said it feels like Greymouth to me. On the train got caught up in the crowd going to the Chester races, the lads dressed to the nines suits and ties and silver handled canes. Young and old. The ladies the same beautifully dressed and smoking hot.

The English are a strange breed though the train was packed so asked a group of young blokes to put my case in the luggage rack so I did not have to push past them, result blank stares. Stepped foward and made firm eye contact with a couple of them and they begrudgingly abliged. Then Lis had to ask them repeatedly also bit sad really. Set to yarning to a couple and by the end of the trip we we all talking shit and laughing, shaking hands as we parted ways. It seems travelers help travelers here, English bloke who was traveling to the Liverpool game took us under his wing and made sure we got to the right connections.As at the airport people were willing to point you in the right direction.

Wales ...you knew you reached two ways the red brick housing dissapered and lift was spelt two ways...lift & lifft. The people changed also with a relaxed humour and a very kiwi attitude to life, we yarned with Mike a young bloke who was a personal trainer and did construction in the off season, pulled out the fishing photos and some of the on the hill one and blew his mind. Got to Holyhead to catch the Ferry, imergration was funny as..

Me do I need my passport??
    Gaurd only if you look dodgy!
    Gaurd were you from
    Me NZ
    Gaurd ahhh bloody kiwis laughs ..here pass your bags to me mate he will get them on the ferry
    His mate ..very good... well I'm just off to rifle through your luggage.

Funny as!!
    Walk through then onto the transit bus to the ferry no one in a rush at all, everyone just shooting the breeze , 15 min later an old chap pushing 70 hobbles out ,shooes me into the bus ...and then turnings into Lewis Hamilton holy shit we we low flying the old bus was charging. Got on the ferry and away. More photos less words to follow.

The things I have noticed over here CCTV is everywhere and so are the gaurds , bobbies walking the beat and public annocements regularly about do not leave bags unattended ...no lost and found here any unattended bag or item will be destroyed. They take that shit very seriously.
    jakewire, P38, veitnamcam and 3 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Year no such thing as a lost bag.......they love to blow your stuff up
    You think he was joking about rifling through your geareveryone needs to make a little extra ah!
    kidmac42 likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

CCTV......one camera for every 17 people in London city....great way to nip crime in the bud...great back-up for the bobbies on the beat.

Keep the pictures coming.

B
    stingray likes this.

Good shit mate I bet you are having a ball

Keep up with the updates.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Going back in time leaving Holyhead heading for Dublin over the Irish sea
    Name:  IMG_20170916_135835.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  617.9 KB
    Arrival at Dublin very similar to entering a west coast rivet mouth but this day no serious bar she was a cook strait size ferry we were on. All the trucks over her are 40 ftrs not many semis ..they have yards full of trailers backed up to warehouse doors waitn for pick up.
    Name:  IMG_20170916_171609.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  825.8 KB
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Going back in time leaving Holyhead heading for Dublin over the Irish sea
    Attachment 75597
    Arrival at Dublin very similar to entering a west coast rivet mouth but this day no serious bar she was a cook strait size ferry we were on. All the trucks over her are 40 ftrs not many semis ..they have yards full of trailers backed up to warehouse doors waitn for pick up.
    Attachment 75598
    Did the same sailing from Liverpool in 2005 over nighter, great food and duty free piss and a whole lot of trucks and hard case drivers. Into Dublin on a Double decker with a pissed Irishman, want to go to the Isle of Man but that ferry was not operating, missed my only chance to stand on the track!!
    Dont forget the Guinness Brewery. best youll taste
    stingray likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Sorry team WiFi bit average ..and data ..well we changed som cards in Birmingham but now are in Ireland we are on international rates ..head over to northern island back on.UK rates. Small things you find out..

So moving on they are in late summer / autumn here so out of Birmingham the have harvested the maze and bailage up this way the are just cutting and bailing ..black liners not green. Haven't seen a starling blackbird or sparrow yet ..crows but the hundreds and a few pigions ..very few.
    Bit of a mixed day today bit to much kiwi she will be right went to get a rental car in Dublin ..nothing available so trained up to Cork ..got to the station and were greeted by a large chanting crowd heading for the final of the Irish AFC ..Aussie ruled played on s rugby pitch with s soccer ball.. by christ ..our haka has some competition when these guys get into full voice...had the hairs on the back of my neck bolt up right as hundreds of young and old lads and lasses disembarked off the trains and moved through the station all chanting in one voice.. All sober as no piss on the train today ..
    Name:  IMG_20170917_112942.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  895.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170917_112500.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  543.9 KB
    Maca49, trooper90 and oraki like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Shit photo sorry all ..any whoooo we got to Cork and what z beauty of a place, alot to tell construction happening everywhere but history dissapearing under new concrete and glass ..seems things have being pretty tough over this way for the last ten or so years ..everyone talks about it eventually after a couple of beers ..sounds pretty bloody grim to be fair ..they don't gripe about it just pass a comment or two with a sad look in there eyes.

Anyway got to the airport and Lis has taken the reins in organizing a rental. So now we have some wheels no more trains and buses for a bit...go the mighty Nissan
    Name:  IMG_20170917_155316.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  1.08 MB

Will get out of the city's now so will be more of what I hoped to do ..lakes hills ,fishing and castles ..next will be random photos bare with me...it's being s long day with some fine company and great ales.
    Name:  IMG_20170917_155316.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  1.08 MB
    gadgetman and oraki like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

The square Birmingham
    Name:  IMG_20170916_091849.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  1.01 MB
    Wales train station ..sorry no idea
    Name:  IMG_20170916_125833.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  1.03 MBb
    Seagulls at Holyhead size of our black backed gull but colour of a redbill ..fledlings same pattern as blackbacked gull
    Name:  IMG_20170916_134921.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  635.2 KB
    That's about all for now except to many choices of ales great company and having a ball keep well all
    Name:  IMG_20170916_142921.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  720.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170917_114341.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  718.4 KB
    Nil durum volenti !!

Sounds like you're fitting in Ok. Seeing the pics brings back memory's from around 98-99. Things were really booming then in Ireland
    stingray likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    England is a great place Stingray. It is spoiled only by the fact that it is full of fucking Pom's. The Irish on the other hand are mad as all hell when sober and fucking hilarious when pissed.
    gadgetman, stingray and Pengy like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    England is a great place Stingray. It is spoiled only by the fact that it is full of fucking Pom's. The Irish on the other hand are mad as all hell when sober and fucking hilarious when pissed.
    sure wont want to be there when it becomes another islamic state
    Maca49 likes this.

Camera and lap top talking to each other now ...here some of Cork!
    One of the rivers / canals running through town , tidal with about 2 meters of drop
    Name:  P9190665.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  758.0 KB
    Name:  P9190670.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  850.4 KB
    Name:  P9190675.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  983.2 KB
    Folk band in a wee groto of a pub fantastic Sunday sales
    Name:  P9190679.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  744.5 KB
    Shopping ally shops during the day pubs and bands in the evening
    Name:  P9190706.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  1,011.3 KB
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Oh, Rushy, that brings back memories of university exam studies at a mates place. His mother was talking about 'home' in the old country and asked if I'd like to go there. I just said "No." "Oh, why is that gadgetman?", she asks. I quickly replied with a smile, "Place is full of bloody poms!"
    stingray likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!