Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

The value of a $

Brought a mint new "Bell super" MTB helmet today for $160 shit the last mountain biking skid lid I brought was a flash harry Giro in 2000 for $600 and this is just as nice a lid & before that was a 1992 Shoei Troy lee for I think around 3-4 hundy.

Remember back to those days when you could buy a boot load of groceries for 100 odd dollars I don't think you can do that today unless by boot you mean a gumboot Blahahaha

L-R = old - new lol
    Name:  Helmets.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  255.3 KB
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

res
    Ant trickle down of tech nice.

Bell/giro (both owned by the same folks-different shell shapes to fit different shaped heads) both still do very high $ helmets that are a little better the the supper.

A modern $60 helmet is better than the ones the cost ten times that twenty years ago.

If you ever want to sell that old Troy lee,I would love it to go with one of my old bikes that I have recreated. Same as what I had one.
    Using Tapatalk

Yeah the Shoei is a good old girl, but sorry I won't be letting it go as I still wear it sometimes

What retro bikes ya running res ?

res
    About twenty five or so, spent a long time working in the bike trade, from sponsored rider living out of vans to working in shops in the tools,then running shops and ended up a sales manager for a wholesaler before I left NZ(I'm still back a lot) so it's fair to say have had a LOT of bikes and I'm trying to recreate all of them.
    Most are packed in boxes for long term storage but I have a GT STS that I ride in retro events.

Ride a Zerode and a nomad these days
    Using Tapatalk

Cool, bet there's some grouse stuff in those storage boxes. Yeah Im ride my old 94 Advanti Competitor & have a Cannondale Raven that are my two main rides.

Would love a mint early 90's Klein, Cannondale or GT rts they would be the one's on the top of my wish list

res
    I have two brand new gt rts's in unopened boxes, both water damaged after the chch shakes.

What size are you-for the right $ you could have a brand new one as I only need one for the museum I dream off and both are different to what I had-I think from memory one is a small 2 and the other is a xl 3,would have to check the years

Old crack and fails are a death trap due to the hardening they used-they break so easily now ;(

I love my old "tie died" Klein but it's still missing a few parts and has more dents that I'm willing to risk these days
    Using Tapatalk

Mean, Pm sent