Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By andyanimal31
  • 2 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By stumpy

Thread: wanted;sound advise /assistance

wanted;sound advise /assistance

right ,anyone in chch good at tuning chainsaws.ive got an old homelite xl12 which i was given 2yrs ago and had on loan to gsp follower -its refusing to start or run.
    most modern shops wont touch these so im a wonderin if any other bright spark might be keen to have a crack .
    heres the bonus -i have the actual workshop manuals for these which gives all specs etc. also have some spares floating about in my shed.
    this would probab/ly suit someone with time ,but Im open to any approaches.

go give it to the museum!
    I used to cut scrub in the early eighties with those vibrating deafening bloody things.
    if it doesn't go be thanfull

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

go and see the older guy working out the back in one of the smaller shops,guarantee he will know his shit and not be googleing it as he goes.
    we have great shop here in Geraldine and there is another in washdyke......
    bottom line though is price....if its going to cost more than a couple of hundy to fix it,then you may be better off buying an elcheapho from mitre 10/Bunnings .

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    go and see the older guy working out the back in one of the smaller shops,guarantee he will know his shit and not be googleing it as he goes.
    we have great shop here in Geraldine and there is another in washdyke......
    bottom line though is price....if its going to cost more than a couple of hundy to fix it,then you may be better off buying an elcheapho from mitre 10/Bunnings .
    What ever happened to "Stihl Shop" in Geraldine? I dropped off a chainsaw to them for a service a 5 or 6 years ago, forgot they had it for about six months, went back to get it and they had bloody disappeared, along with my chainsaw...

See with the crew at natural log home in Geraldine , they might know of another place that could do that kind of work.

Does it have spark?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    What ever happened to "Stihl Shop" in Geraldine? I dropped off a chainsaw to them for a service a 5 or 6 years ago, forgot they had it for about six months, went back to get it and they had bloody disappeared, along with my chainsaw...
    not sure if it is same fella that had stihl shop but go to supermarket then along street another 50 yards and the shop is tucked on the end,by tyre place and before sparky.

Things that can make a two stroke difficult or impossible to start.

lack of spark.
    lack of fuel.
    lack of top end comperession.
    lack of bottom end compression.
    Poor timing due to shawn flywheel key etc
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

well guess what -im 95%on me way to getting her sorted.Ive cleaned reset air gap on magneto ,new spark plug ,took carb off strip down thorough clean and now its just tweaking the hi/lo needles to get her idling and we are away like a manic yard dog!!!!
    starting no bloody problem with 1/2"socket on the electric drill,altho I had to take 1/2 a day to rewire that thing when its cord broke.
    stillso far so good .oh did I tell you Ive actually got another xl12 too ,one I rebuilt myself ,so might give it the treatment whilst im on a roll.
    her indoors is on my a..e about cleanouts with the new house etcetc ,but hells bells where'd a man be without 5chainsaws and his bangstick collection.
    I was talking to meself about shotties this morning only to have her of vinegar complexion say "no youre not buying another one" .my retort "of course b...y not ,wheres the dosh to fund it and where the hell am I gonna fit it in the current secure storage".
    BTW-new house may need to come with a bank vault for secure storage if AOs have their wee ways!
    hells bells women get some strange ideas at times.
    The crusaders got richarded (can hear GSPF crowing from here at work)so after work am going home to drown my sorrows!!!
    sorry for going off on a tangent but well that's just me .if you don't like it ,don't read it!
    gadgetman and tetawa like this.

see if some of your "clients" where you work , know anything about chainsaws ....if they do , take it in there for them to play around with .... what could go wrong
    Dundee likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

chainsaw masacre
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

carb is likely gunged up with oil residue from sitting - the petrol evaporates and leaves the gummy shit behind.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...