Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Weber BBQ

Weber BBQ

2 weeks ago we bought a weber Rotisserie from H&F Dunedin. I am sure I got the right one for the BBQ we have
    The first time we used it. It worked ok for about an hour at most. Then motor still running but no drive. Ok week old guarantee still good, simple fix
    That where the problem started
    Roz was taking her car down to Dunedin yesterday for a service. she can take the rotisserie into H&F get it exchanged but not that easy
    Guy at H&F phones weber. come back and tells Roz something like this "nothing we can do. here's a contact number for weber phone them direct"
    I have been on the phone to Dunedin this morning to voice my displeasure. As far is I am concerned it is there problem Weber office not open at weekends
    What are my rights under consumer guarantee's Act.
    Last edited by Harryg; 12-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    "you belong somewhere you feel free"-Tom Petty

Have owned a couple and still do, find them very efficient and wouldn't go back to the other types.

I don't think there is a requirement under the consumer guarantees act for a vendors office to be open on weekends to exchange faulty products
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I’m not qualified and there are better people on this forum to answer your question. But I’m sure you can take it back to where you bought it from. I would tell them you want your money back as you have no confidence in it any more. Then just buy another one.
    Now why it failed, I suspect heat transferred down the shaft and melted the plastic gear inside the drive. When you get your replacement wrap a wet cloth on the shale between the heat and the drive. Or better still make your.Name:  C735D57F-B797-4A17-99D0-285D3591EA05.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  964.2 KBName:  C735D57F-B797-4A17-99D0-285D3591EA05.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  964.2 KB
    40mm likes this.
    Remember the 7 Ps; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
    2 weeks ago we bought a weber Rotisserie from H&F Dunedin. I am sure I got the right one for the BBQ we have
    The first time we used it. It worked ok for about an hour at most. Then motor still running but no drive. Ok week old guarantee still good, simple fix
    That where the problem started
    Roz was taking her car down to Dunedin yesterday for a service. she can take the rotisserie into H&F get it exchanged but not that easy
    Guy at H&F phones weber. come back and tells Roz something like this "nothing we can do. here's a contact number for weber phone them direct"
    I have been on the phone to Dunedin this morning to voice my displeasure. As far is I am concerned it is there problem Weber office not open at weekends
    What are my rights under consumer guarantee's Act.
    Didn't read what your problem was on my previous reply.
    Always thought the retailer handled the buyers problem, they should look after you. Most wholesalers won't deal directly with the public.
    csmiffy likes this.

You bought it from the retailer, the retailer bought it from Weber.
    It failed after you bought it from the retailer
    I was always under the impression that when you buy retail and the product fails it is the retailer that needs to deal with it.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    You bought it from the retailer, the retailer bought it from Weber.
    It failed after you bought it from the retailer
    I was always under the impression that when you buy retail and the product fails it is the retailer that needs to deal with it.
    I'm involved in wholesale distribution and I believe the above comment is true. The retailer has to deal with the distributor to sort any product claim or issue, they should not tell the customer to go sort the problem themselves. Bad customer service from H&F.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, tetawa, Harryg and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Didn't read what your problem was on my previous reply.
    Always thought the retailer handled the buyers problem, they should look after you. Most wholesalers won't deal directly with the public.
    That was my impression of how guarantee's work, been talking with H&F and hopefully they are now sorting thing out. quite sure I am going to ask for a refund
    I am more than happy with the Weber BBQ it is brilliant
    "you belong somewhere you feel free"-Tom Petty

Retailers / Sellers issue as long it was not purchased in a private sale. Retailers / Bussiness Owners and Suppliers in this country have no idea how the legislation works.

@Harryg they should have just said "no worries, we will sort it out" and if they were really good "heres a new one" and sort it out with their supplier privately

Its their issue to resolve as the retailer as much as they will try to slope their shoulders and blame everyone else they have to sort it by law.
    If they come to an arrangement to resolve the issue between themselves and the distributer/supplier than thats nothing to do with the purchaser at all

Its very common for retailers / suppliers to direct all issues to importer or distributors immediately. I think eventually distributors will just retail direct to the public and cut out the middle man since they have to sort out any issues anyway.

its up to H&F to sort out. Your purchase 'contract' is with them.
    DON'T let them fob you off.
    Email them your problem with what their staff have told you.
    Insist they reply via email so you have written history.

DON'T accept store credit if they offer it.
    Or if they do offer it, and you're so inclined, insist on 150% of the price you paid. You know damn well, they paid significantly less than you.
    Otherwise they have to give you your money back if its not repairable or replaceable.
    Harryg likes this.

@Harryg H&F Dunedin need a good kick up the arse!
    They should check out the amount of times "H Normans" have tried to pull similar stunts and been called out on it!
    Harryg likes this.

Did Scully buy Dunedin HF after selling up in Nelson?
    madjon_ likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Our Weber Q was sourced from a retailer in Miramar.
    After 3 1/2 years of exemplary service, gas regulator played up.
    Went to a retailer in Masterton to get problem sorted.
    "Weber's service policy is customer to deal directly with Weber" - mmmmm.....could see a problem coming up.
    Spoke to a very helpful Jude on the phone, next day.
    A grease blocked hole in the regulator cleared on her descriptive advice - my bad for not keeping the regulator clean.
    Now I keep the regulator turned 180 degrees from how I had positioned it previously.
    While I agree with the commentary of some of the posters, in my case dealing direct with Weber was no problem.
    And I think that the Weber Q is a great piece of gear - don't use the oven for roasts - happy wife etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Our Weber Q was sourced from a retailer in Miramar.
    After 3 1/2 years of exemplary service, gas regulator played up.
    Went to a retailer in Masterton to get problem sorted.
    "Weber's service policy is customer to deal directly with Weber" - mmmmm.....could see a problem coming up.
    Spoke to a very helpful Jude on the phone, next day.
    A grease blocked hole in the regulator cleared on her descriptive advice - my bad for not keeping the regulator clean.
    Now I keep the regulator turned 180 degrees from how I had positioned it previously.
    While I agree with the commentary of some of the posters, in my case dealing direct with Weber was no problem.
    And I think that the Weber Q is a great piece of gear - don't use the oven for roasts - happy wife etc.
    I think 2 1/2 years is a little different to 2 weeks. I would prefer to deal with the maker after a year or so as they have a bit more interest in their products name.
    Remember the 7 Ps; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.