Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Wedding....

Wedding....

So the boss has decided she wants the most expensive piece of paper people pay for in their life and she's gone full bridezilla on me. One of the tasks she has given me is to find potential venues. The brief is it has to be in NZ (I would rather get married in Uruguay where we could have a wedding AND buy a house for what it will cost us just to get married here...) and she wants it to be somewhere with a large castle or gothic style building, but not a church, she also said extra points for a vineyard thrown in there somewhere. She also would like it to be within a reasonable distance of the southern alps or other such mountainous terrain so we can fly up there in a chopper after the ceremony and take silly photos that make it look like we are standing on a 3000 foot bluff (this process has only just started and im already considering taking a step forward once we're on that bluff...)and other such nonsense that she saw on instagram.
    Any of you blokes been to a wedding similar or got suggestions for venues to look into?
    veitnamcam, 199p and Shearer like this.

Cant you deck out the cow shed?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Cant you deck out the cow shed?
    Wash it first though

Banned
    GWH and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

Yep Stoneridge is cool. They can do the whole wedding experience there. Be prepared to sell your soul to fund it lol

Another castle option would be Larnach Castle in Dunedin. It's pretty neat. No mountains near by, but cool coastal locations
    Steve123 likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

GWH
    Ive just been to a friends wedding there a couple of months ago, freakin awesome venue! They also did the chopper thing for pics to the top of the remarkables. As soon as i read your brief i thought of this place. It's a very cool venue indeed.

This stoneridge place does look mighty fine to me, although I was trying to avoid "Queenstown tax" on everything :/

Ejected
    Sister got married in the chapel below that place, definitely a cool spot. Don't remember that lodge being there though? Was it there 15 years ago?

What about the Hermitage? It's in the southern alps.

You might find a North Canty vineyard with a function centre/homestead in a similar style to what you're after.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    FFS Ryan, make sure you get fully kitted up with every rifle and piece of hunting paraphernalia you think is needed before you get in too deep It'll be your last chance

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    So the boss has decided she wants the most expensive piece of paper people pay for in their life and she's gone full bridezilla on me. One of the tasks she has given me is to find potential venues. The brief is it has to be in NZ (I would rather get married in Uruguay where we could have a wedding AND buy a house for what it will cost us just to get married here...) and she wants it to be somewhere with a large castle or gothic style building, but not a church, she also said extra points for a vineyard thrown in there somewhere. She also would like it to be within a reasonable distance of the southern alps or other such mountainous terrain so we can fly up there in a chopper after the ceremony and take silly photos that make it look like we are standing on a 3000 foot bluff (this process has only just started and im already considering taking a step forward once we're on that bluff...)and other such nonsense that she saw on instagram.
    Any of you blokes been to a wedding similar or got suggestions for venues to look into?
    Poor bastard, literally
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Waipara hills winery?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    FFS Ryan, make sure you get fully kitted up with every rifle and piece of hunting paraphernalia you think is needed before you get in too deep It'll be your last chance
    Working on it @Kiwi Greg has my back there haha, I have somehow ended up with three Swazi Tahr's also so I reckon I'm good for life now
    Boar Freak, Mathias and SGR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Waipara hills winery?
    Yea that's nice too, just down the road from our old place but she has put a cross through it already for some reason I can't quite decipher
    Beaker likes this.

waipara hills in a good place, i suggest greystone estates if numbers attending are mid sized.
    the 3 rings of marriage: engagement rung, wedding ring, suffer-ing