Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Wedding....

Workmate had his wedding there, quite nice,good food,accommodation, bar costs got out of hand as couldn't supply own grog.
    kokako likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Ryan mate you are a farmer/hunter/fisherman and you know lots of Farmers Hunters and Fishermen.

Hire a caterer and supply them with whole animals to do whatever you want with.

For instance for our wedding we supplied a whole wild sheep and a whole wild pig to a portabale spit roast/smoker guy who turned up at the venue with the smoked/roasted animals ready to carve from the trailer they were cooking in (must get lots of 111 calls driving down the road with his trailer smoking)
    A buttload of halfshell greenlip mussels and Salmon threw the wifes work for bugger all cooked at reception by her Netball mates, Dad bought a 50l keg the FIL bought a heap of crates seeing as it was national crate day and we brought a bloody shitload of wine(way too much couldnt get rid of the shit)

All in we were around 15k, it could be done for 5 and nobody would notice the difference.

Also dont forget the Moari (forgive me I forget the proper term) "chit" for way over quota allowances for special occasions like weddings funerals 40ths etc is not just for Moari any Kiwi is entitled you just need to go talk to your local Iwi.
    stingray likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Cant you deck out the cow shed?
    chicks bring a plate, guys bring a crate. or both bring crates. eating is cheating anyway.

seriously though, make sure you have a phone/camera check at the door. otherwise you will have a million tossers updating their facehead bullshit instead of having a good time.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Also dont forget the Moari (forgive me I forget the proper term) "chit" for way over quota allowances for special occasions like weddings funerals 40ths etc is not just for Moari any Kiwi is entitled you just need to go talk to your local Iwi.
    Customary permit?

Did ours recently for a shade under 15, on Raro, including our flights and accom and all that. (We were there for 3 weeks, dived, played etc.) Was great fun, managed to keep it real low stress. Would highly recommend it.
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and Munsey like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

We did the view etc, didn't look at it once too busy talking to people.

Got fancy photo's, haven't looked at them since either - apart from one on the wall!

Put the money into the people coming I reckon, she'll remember that more in future than a view!
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Ryan mate you are a farmer/hunter/fisherman and you know lots of Farmers Hunters and Fishermen.

Hire a caterer and supply them with whole animals to do whatever you want with.

For instance for our wedding we supplied a whole wild sheep and a whole wild pig to a portabale spit roast/smoker guy who turned up at the venue with the smoked/roasted animals ready to carve from the trailer they were cooking in (must get lots of 111 calls driving down the road with his trailer smoking)
    A buttload of halfshell greenlip mussels and Salmon threw the wifes work for bugger all cooked at reception by her Netball mates, Dad bought a 50l keg the FIL bought a heap of crates seeing as it was national crate day and we brought a bloody shitload of wine(way too much couldnt get rid of the shit)

All in we were around 15k, it could be done for 5 and nobody would notice the difference.

Cousin did that. Venison, wild pig, crayfish, .... fantastic spread.

Had a couple of Brothers-In-Law donate whole salmon and whitebait for ours.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

For my sister's wedding we booked an amazing venue Alexandra Park near Auckland. Their staff helped us a lot with organizations, cathering service and decorations. I really liked that place! If I decide to marry one day my wedding will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Go get married in Eastern Europe somewhere, eg Slovakia,

-Plenty of castles there that make any of ours look like a joke
    -Cheap good beer
    -Tatra mountains/alps
    -Their summer is our winter, your quiet period
    -Good looking girls
    -Only people that really want to go will, you don't end up paying to feed and water a bunch of people you don't care about.
    -You get a holiday/honeymoon out of it. You could even take her to Neuschwanstein castle if she likes that fairy tale crap.
    -Save a shit load of money
    save a shit load? did you forget the flights etc? thats easily going to clear $5k
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    save a shit load? did you forget the flights etc? thats easily going to clear $5k
    We just flew from the south island up to Taranaki for the weekend. Literally could have gone to Aussie cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    We just flew from the south island up to Taranaki for the weekend. Literally could have gone to Aussie cheaper!
    Yup you are right there.
    I hope you enjoyed your time in the Naki and we put on good weather for you.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

@Ryan_Songhurst when my wife and I tired the knot we had a no kids wedding!
    Caused a bit of shit but in the end those that had kids said it was great to let there hair down and not have to run around after snotty nosed. Why pay for someone's who's not going to appreciate it.
    We also invited those who are friends not who we want to be friends with.
    That was a hard one as there where quite a few relations that got left out. Remember it's your guys day. If your funding the whole thing, as we did then you have more say in the above. Enjoy it ah we had a blast
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    Yup you are right there.
    I hope you enjoyed your time in the Naki and we put on good weather for you.

@25/08IMP Here at the moment, it's pretty warm and humid out at Oakura, not looking forward to putting pants and a shirt on soon..

Actually here for a wedding haha

@25/08IMP Here at the moment, it's pretty warm and humid out at Oakura, not looking forward to putting pants and a shirt on soon..
    We had a no tie event.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along

Actually here for a wedding haha
    Well they have picked a great weekend for it. Enjoy your time in the Naki.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    @Ryan_Songhurst when my wife and I tired the knot we had a no kids wedding!
    Caused a bit of shit but in the end those that had kids said it was great to let there hair down and not have to run around after snotty nosed. Why pay for someone's who's not going to appreciate it.
    We also invited those who are friends not who we want to be friends with.
    That was a hard one as there where quite a few relations that got left out. Remember it's your guys day. If your funding the whole thing, as we did then you have more say in the above. Enjoy it ah we had a blast
    Yep exactly what we did, there was upset and angst but it was our day and if they weren't going to come because of kids that was fine, half sisters wanted boyfriends, we said no as we hadn't even met them. As has been said, it's your day, do it your way, but be realistic on the cost, it need not be hellishly expensive to remember a great day... Congrats to you both.
    Sideshow likes this.