Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By C404
  • 1 Post By 7mmwsm
  • 2 Post By 257weatherby
  • 1 Post By ONYVA

Thread: what do you think of this?

what do you think of this?

Cop this. Found this on a bookface page. Apparently from their new catalogue
    Humping and fisting threw us under the bus and almost helped make sure the real ones got screwed and then have the stones to market this.
    Un bloody believable.

Name:  ruger air rifle.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  120.7 KB

Mate Fishing and Fleece lost me a while back too. There's a much better and friendlier franchise around 7 km north of us. My shout for coffee soon?
    csmiffy likes this.

I thought the S&W on page 152 was a bit more hypocritical.
    dannyb likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

ummmmm but 10/22s are still ok to own....... now IF it was an ar15 take off air rifle I could understand your grief but WTF is the issue with this???
    do you think 10/22s should be banned too perhaps???

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    ummmmm but 10/22s are still ok to own....... now IF it was an ar15 take off air rifle I could understand your grief but WTF is the issue with this???
    do you think 10/22s should be banned too perhaps???
    He might be just pissed at them for using social media to sell guns after using social media to beat their chest about doing the "right thing" and selling out gun owners.

Haven't spent a cent in there since they chucked us under the bus, and I'll be that way till I die.
    Beaker and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    He might be just pissed at them for using social media to sell guns after using social media to beat their chest about doing the "right thing" and selling out gun owners.

Haven't spent a cent in there since they chucked us under the bus, and I'll be that way till I die.
    yeah what he said. Same here
    @mickey Duck I hear you. More slightly miffed at the hypocrisy of it @C404 yup up for that for sure. Back home till next Tuesday if we can work summat out.

Who is selling on social media ? That's a catalog, I assume no one is shopping at GC or any other gun shop as most of the large ones are having meetings with the police regarding the second tranche of firearms legislation along with colfo?
    Most owners of H&f stores, (they are all individually owned) probably wishes the CEO had said nothing, I am sure they are missing your sales but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Who is selling on social media ? That's a catalog, I assume no one is shopping at GC or any other gun shop as most of the large ones are having meetings with the police regarding the second tranche of firearms legislation along with colfo?
    Most owners of H&f stores, (they are all individually owned) probably wishes the CEO had said nothing, I am sure they are missing your sales but probably not.
    And divided we fall. I was disappointed at H&Fs chief execs comments in March and have not felt like shopping there since, but I wonder...

I wonder if the H&F fracture should necessarily be a permanent one, like others who have permanently fallen out with NZDA, others who won't set foot in GC and others who won't talk to so and so. Division is the chief weakness of the NZ Firearms "community" and so the ones with an anti-gun agenda will happily be able to keep chipping away. What I'm saying is getting a group of stores on board behind "fair and reasonable" is WORTH MORE than making an example of it through hurting its franchisees.

I suppose it comes down to whether H&F is saying something more reasonable these days? Haven't heard any retractions, but then again media have had some reporting bias of late.

Well if you live in Taupo, you have one option, unless you travel?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Same in nelson as i discovered

there's lots of clothing stores in Taupo
    outlander likes this.

What do I think of it? It's pretty cheap as far as air rifles go, if it's any good. But Ruger triggers are shit. It's probably as good as their 10/22LR
    Whangarei and all. We have 2x H+F. There's a guy up in Kaikohe but he's just a guy who often has lots.
    Anything out of the ordinary and you pretty much have to order it in.