Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: What do your women do while you go hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yes, and I have to remember to put an extra turn on your scope knob, just to make sure I can out shoot you every now and then.
    That's too obvious, just slightly loosen the scope rings, will only be minor movements each time but she'll spend all day chasing her shots
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRider View Post
    Gadgetman has four women: the kids and the missus.

While you're out nothing changes - except:

Gadgette 3 wishes you and her would go fishing and/or drive to Nelson

Gadgette 2 helps make dinner with...

Mrs gadget - who will chuck dinner in the fridge and make a start on the dishes while...

Gadgette 1 either quietly kicks it in the back seat or shoots out the window.

Don't I @gadgetman
    and the long suffering put upon male of 2017 award goes to.....

That's too obvious, just slightly loosen the scope rings, will only be minor movements each time but she'll spend all day chasing her shots
    or like a certain thrifty west coast aquaintance have plastic scope mounts on a rifle with not unsubstancial recoil
    gadgetman and kotuku like this.

Mine often comes into the field with me and spends her time botanising. We have a great relationship like that. See Welcome to the Kaimai Bush.
    Feather or Shoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbootboy View Post
    Very nice work, looks like a painting. Huge talent!

Thank you.

You actually have to get up close to see the stitches. Like less than a foot away.

Im thinking about buying a .22 for the Mrs to use under my close supervision to do a bit of target shooting on the hope I can get her hooked on shooting. Was thinking maybe a pink riffle since she is such a girly girl, and thought I would make it her Christmas present It will either end in happiness or disaster
    Take no prisoners!

mine wants to give archery a go
    EeeBees and Feather or Shoot like this.

Some of you guys are lucky your ladies like the outdoors and trying all this shooting stuff
    Take no prisoners!

Yes, and I have to remember to put an extra turn on your scope knob, just to make sure I can out shoot you every now and then.
    sheeit man ya let the bloody cat outta the bag .Ya coulda blamed me (another cackhander) but then again a certain bloody group I shot with her rifle puts paid to that theory at least

boys -nup shes too sensible and i have a vision of some wannabe spotty herbert cowering as timerider show how her bangstick is louder and makes more impact than his 4 wheeled riceburning japanese boombox!
    Oi you rakaia rouseabout i hope youre not referrin to me with plastic scope rings .im comin home fulltime shortly so a little asskickin could be on da way!

Some of you guys are lucky your ladies like the outdoors and trying all this shooting stuff
    +1 there
    Badbootboy likes this.

Looking forward to getting my better half behind one of my bench guns....hopefully she won't beat me too often

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    sheeit man ya let the bloody cat outta the bag .Ya coulda blamed me (another cackhander) but then again a certain bloody group I shot with her rifle puts paid to that theory at least

boys -nup shes too sensible and i have a vision of some wannabe spotty herbert cowering as timerider show how her bangstick is louder and makes more impact than his 4 wheeled riceburning japanese boombox!
    Oi you rakaia rouseabout i hope youre not referrin to me with plastic scope rings .im comin home fulltime shortly so a little asskickin could be on da way!
    @gsp follower probably won't believe it but @kotuku was silent for about 30 seconds when he turned around after shooting that group too. It may not have been that long in reality, but as things go through your head in slow motion in traumatic moments (like thinking I'd gone deaf because I was hearing no noise) time was irrelevant.
    gsp follower likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yea, and I'd say ther'de be the odd ones that aren't too mate.
    Badbootboy likes this.
    Why do people that can't take advice, insist on giving it?

@gsp follower probably won't believe it but @kotuku was silent for about 30 seconds when he turned around after shooting that group too. It may not have been that long in reality, but as things go through your head in slow motion in traumatic moments (like thinking I'd gone deaf because I was hearing no noise) time was irrelevant.
    silent or muzzle blast walloped back to his childhood and granpappys old martini henry carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Looking forward to getting my better half behind one of my bench guns....hopefully she won't beat me too often
    Good luck I hope you guys have a great time, most of the laddies do out shoot us fellas for some reason. I suggest you give the optics a wee tweak before handing her the riffle, that's what I intend to do before I take mine Mrs out. You have to stay one step ahead of them and win at all costs or they never let you hear the end of it.
    Paddy79 likes this.
    Take no prisoners!

if she cant hit anything she might not enjoy it and then your back to square one
    gadgetman likes this.