Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: what has your dog chewed up

what has your dog chewed up

had our pup for a little while now and he hasn't chewed much up yet just his bed the first dog I had got left inside for half a day and when I got home there was all this strange material and fluff through the house I didn't click straight away until I walled into the lounge room and there was half a wooden frame where the couch used to be
    40mm, Tussock, dannyb and 2 others like this.

No recent but several years ago my black lab got into a carton of back country meals, ate 4 packet and all. Blew up like a tick, and her turds were full of glitter.
    FatLabrador, Rocco, dannyb and 1 others like this.

A 500meter ball of twine. Tied himself up real well and a hell of a job cutting him loose.

We were building a new wharf near a live crayfish packing factory and after a pack multiple legs would be found on the ground near where they loaded them ontoa truck.
    Mates dog a f----n big Rotty used to hoover them all up.
    One day I noticed him having an awful lot of trouble having a crap.
    Seems the sharp claws and bits don't get absorbed by being eaten. Looked real painful but no lasting damage.
    6x47 and Sako851 like this.

If I leave Jazz in the back of the truck and she gets bored, she will chew up electrical leads and seatbelts. No amount of discipline stops her.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Tied a pup to back of my boat trailer in the shade on the lawn. Next fishing trip-- no trailer lights and worse- no transducer co-ax cable

fuk my first Wire Lace did that, couldn't get another cable. Shot her not long after that, to aggressive, bit one of my kids and threatened the baby. Breeder gave me a replacement which turned out fantastic.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

My bulldog tried his best to drive off my mad ex. He ate her shoe collection, the epicenter of her life. Then got into the back of a packed storage cupboard and found his way to an Egyptian scroll she had made in Egypt for $400 that had some magic hyroglyphs painted on it with both our names binding us together or some such. He shredded that.
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    My bulldog tried his best to drive off my mad ex. He ate her shoe collection, the epicenter of her life. Then got into the back of a packed storage cupboard and found his way to an Egyptian scroll she had made in Egypt for $400 that had some magic hyroglyphs painted on it with both our names binding us together or some such. He shredded that.
    Sometimes you have to trust the dog?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sometimes you have to trust the dog?
    She used to take him from time to time, knowing I did not like the combination of a lunatic and a protective 60kg dog. The last time she did it was right before the cops took her away. My two impeccably behaved hounds gave her so much grief in such a short time I found them tucked up in the back of my ute not long after Good dogs.

My lab chewed up a brand new rubber mallet.
    Marty Henry likes this.

it was during the aftershocks of the big quake, my dog was in the garage as the fence was in need of repair and he is a sun lover who gets burnt.
    he freaked out and instead of taking it out on one of his many toys completely destroyed a mountain bike . tyres were off the rims, rims crushed and he even manage to get holes thru the alloy frame.

We have a Staffy, hes 14 now so hes mellowed a bit but when he was younger he would get into all sorts of mischief.
    When he was still a little pup we used to leave him locked in the wash house while we were at work, Staffys are well known for suffering from seperation anxiety and theybusually dont take well to being locked up. Came home from work one day and he was inside the main part of the house, little shit had clawed/eaten his way through both sides of the wash house wall.
    He also chewed up a full can of "V" at one stage, found all these little bits of green and silver aluminium on the carpet, took him to the vet but they reckoned just wait it out, he shit green and silver sparkles for a day or two but never had any lasting affects.
    Like my friend Tussock above, my wife has a pretty extensive collection of shoes but for all the asshole things he has done in his time he must know thats a line not to cross as he has never touched them.
    I also took him out pig hunting with a mate and his very good team of dogs, said mate had put countless hours into his dogs and they were bombproof pig dogs that did their job well. We got onto the dogs bailing and ran to where they were..... my dog had taught them to bail a possum up a tree. He reckons he had a real job on his hands for a few months after that trying to get his dogs to stop bailing bloody possums and go back to what they were supposed to be doing haha.
    A lot of people throw all the bull breeds in the same basket and assume they are nasty bad tempered dogs but I can honestly say he has a brilliant nature and he has never started a fight.... hes finished a few though and I have had to pay an $800 vet bill (really shoulda told him to get stuffed) to have a mates Chesapeake stitched back together after it decided to be a tough guy the first time it met him.
    I have also spent a tonne on my dog himself in vet bills due to his misadventures, he chased a hare once that went through a fence and buggers me why but the second wire from the ground was barb and as he darted through the fence he caught one of his back legs and basically skinned it, all the skin was ripped and hanging off it but the thick bastard still kept chasing said hare haha.
    Ah the things we put up with from our mates eh?
    Marty Henry, 40mm, Tussock and 3 others like this.
    #27GANG

Friends have two staffies, the most amazing and funny dogs imaginable, play with their kids and sleep with the cat. Reputation as a dangerous dog is not deserved, its how they are reared that determines their temperment I believe.
    rugerman and 40mm like this.

my friend came over a couple months ago and left her visla tied to my trailer out the front, 5 minutes was all it took for that orange bastard to destroy his leash, and 90% of the wiring loom from my trailer from the plug back to the tail lights
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.