Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What is more Political, Firearm Registration or1080?

What is more Political, Firearm Registration or1080?

A thread on firearm registration was removed but threads on 1080 are allowed to remain.

Where?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Move on. It was pretty much one of the foundation principals for this forum IIRC. They are both political, have been discussed to death (especially 1080) and both have no place here. Im not saying they have no importance its just if I wanted to talk single malts I wouldn't strike up that discussion with the wife and she does not chat handbags with me. There is a place for everything.
    Was that the help your after Tussock?

these type post often end up in a futile punch up as some are by nature more animated than others and end of the post nothing is gained other than a new set of bad feelings toward others -its not that they arnt interesting or fun just a little unhealthy
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    these type post often end up in a futile punch up as some are by nature more animated than others and end of the post nothing is gained other than a new set of bad feelings toward others -its not that they arnt interesting or fun just a little unhealthy
    Oh shush you.

I for one enjoyed reading the 1080 posts (not so much the rego one) and learned a lot. I appreciated hearing both 'sides' I guess, well info from different angles and took away quite a lot of motivation to do my own research. I think everyone played nicely and yes these things do get the blood flowing but I'm glad the thread exsisted.

I do see your point Tussock, could have become a mud slinging contest quickly. But cheers mods for letting it continue as a borderline discussion
    LegaSea likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

It pains me to say it but well said el b.
    However it has remained pretty non political and civil..........so far
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Excluding certain topics while promoting a philosophy of minimal moderation is a bit paradoxical isn't it? And naive?
    Simply, members can't be trusted to do self moderation. Sad but true. In the short life of this excellent forum that has already been well proven.

I think stick to the no politics if that is how you want the forum to be defined, but you will need to be really firm with your moderation, and probably a bit autocratic; remember that there are a lot of exported convicts here

sturg4
    GERMANY IN THE 1930's.

They came for the Gypsy's and took them away...I said nothing because they said it was political.

Then they came for the Jews and took them away.... And still I did not speak up.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak up.
    LegaSea likes this.

Go speak up elsewhere. Politics: strongly felt different opinions/beliefs, no one will ey change their mind due to an Internet argument, all it leads to is bitchfights and ill feeling

How's that for autocratic, Bruce?
    Pointer likes this.

Personally I dont get the "no politics" thing as a whole - can anybody explaing the actual point in excluding it? As "points of difference" between forums go its pretty random IMHO.

Does it just give mods something to be facist about so they can feel all vindicated and leave other forms of bashing alone

As usual on the WWW = if its not just blatantly offensive or hateful surely its not a major problem.. Dont want to read about politics, read the other threads etc?

Starts off
    can quickly become
    then its
    and
    then some one will get
    and
    Most will be left
    When we should be just
    DAF and Spanners like this.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Go speak up elsewhere. Politics: strongly felt different opinions/beliefs, no one will ey change their mind due to an Internet argument, all it leads to is bitchfights and ill feeling
    Thanks...I am ready to fly.

Aw c'mon, don't leave us. Just don't talk about politics or religion because I'll have a different opinion and it'll turn into an argument which in the end isn't much fun or benefit for anyone

Dont do that Scribe-imagine if all you could read here was what everyone agreed with --Im glad in one respect there is no politics as I would be battling constantly as I am wobbly left and right sides of center in most things in life --lifes a growing flowing thing where being stagnant is just that stagnant and boring --its as bad as overly aggressive people posting bad vibes at you because you think different
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question