Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: What's everyone do for a crust??

Just read the whole thread! You guys and gals are an incredible group of people at so many different stages of your lives and work.

I'm a GP in North Otago, in NZ for almost 20 years, UK before that. I enjoy most aspects of the job, particularly 'minor' surgery (= surgery done on someone else), as well as just listening to people and adding droll, sympathetic comments.
    Beaker likes this.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Just read the whole thread! You guys and gals are an incredible group of people at so many different stages of your lives and work.

I'm a GP in North Otago, in NZ for almost 20 years, UK before that. I enjoy most aspects of the job, particularly 'minor' surgery (= surgery done on someone else), as well as just listening to people and adding droll, sympathetic comments.

youve quite possibly poked and prodded myself or my family at some stage then
    #27GANG

I might recognize your finger then.
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    I might recognize your finger then.
    Just as long as it wasn't his trigger finger.... Makes you think twice borrowing his rifles
    dannyb likes this.

Haha. In deed, all jobs have their shitty aspects. ON that note, yes, like death poo is a great Equaliser. We do our different jobs, have different days... yet at some point we all must retreat and go sit next to that wall-mounted roll of paper and make use of that great invention of a certain Thomas Crapper Esq.

Name:  51OKD2pXktL.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  48.9 KB

OK, it's late.

I work for the country's biggest most secure hotel, keeping it's residents secure you might say

@dannyb, you probably do gloved examinations more frequently than I do then.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I work for the country's biggest most secure hotel, keeping it's residents secure you might say
    Shit I bet you've got some good work stories
    Preacher and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
    Shit I bet you've got some good work stories
    @Blisters

I want to hear stories from @dannyb about his residents getting into working.

Turns out @dannyb and myself have similar work stories. And I bet we could swap some gnarly ones. Unfortunately in this setting, tales not to be told.
    gadgetman and dannyb like this.

I've got some shit work stories. The well off clients wanting a big flash build can be picky and want shit done yesterday, call every day expecting me to have done all nighters to complete their job. Then complain about the cost to have plans drawn up when they receive the invoice. And when there's a council or builders query regarding their job i must stop what other job im working on completely and focus purely on their job.

Some days i just want to throw in the towel and tell them all to get fucked. Getting out in the bush on Saturday was the freest I've felt in awhile, I think i need to do it more often!
    mikee, Micky Duck, SGR and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    I've got some shit work stories. The well off clients wanting a big flash build can be picky and want shit done yesterday, call every day expecting me to have done all nighters to complete their job. Then complain about the cost to have plans drawn up when they receive the invoice. And when there's a council or builders query regarding their job i must stop what other job im working on completely and focus purely on their job.

Some days i just want to throw in the towel and tell them all to get fucked. Getting out in the bush on Saturday was the freest I've felt in awhile, I think i need to do it more often!
    You'd find the rich clients usually the ones that take the longest to pay, argue the most etc yeah?
    Preacher likes this.

My bosses keep asking me “What are u up to..?” My reply “As little as possible for as long as possible. Why do you ask..?” ...them proceed to tell me what needs doing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan88, Mathias and dannyb like this.

Love this thread. I move heat for a living, i move it inside when it's cold and move it outside when it's hot. Mostly large central plant but I have been known to fix a hiwall. I started out as a mechanic in the 80s and move from servicing car ac to doing a refrigeration apprenticeship in 2005. Last year I left supermarket refrigeration to building ac because work was getting in the way of hunting.
    Pengy likes this.

Started out as a fitter/turner. couple of years out of my time started work for contractors in the U/G coal mining on the coast at Mt Davey.
    with a couple of short detours back outside was in that for nearly 10 tears.
    Moved to aussie for various reasons, for the most part in underground coal mining hire companies, workshops etc. made redundant after 7 odd years and struggled for a bit.
    Back with a mining firm doing remote controlled coal mining from the surface for 18 months. That went pear shaped and made the call to come back to NZ.
    6 months and couple of fill in workshop jobs later, I'm back in NZ, back on the tools as a fitter with a bit of turning here and there working for a dude basically on the same wage I was on in aussie over 10 years before, even though its pretty much market rate here
    Moved to a different province to be with the missus family (not the coast as there is feck all work) and cant afford to do jack.
    Soul destroying
    Cordite likes this.