Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: What's everyone do for a crust??

@cmiffy

I pressed "like", but not the soul destroying bit.

I take it you're a member of Forest and Bird then? Their politics are so destructive of NZ West Coast society, another coal mine sunk by them recently. The Labour founders in Blackball cemetery are turning over in their coffins.
    Beaker likes this.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @cmiffy

I take it you're a member of Forest and Bird then? Their politics are so destructive of NZ West Coast society, another coal mine sunk by them recently. The Labour founders in Blackball cemetery are turning over in their coffins.
    yeah understood-not liking the situation at all.
    Yup coast screwed because of these muppets.
    Heaps of coal still there, underground stuff that doesn't leave much of a footprint to extract. But no especially with the pike disaster and Squalid Energy not being able to run an orgy at a brothel with a fistful of fifties, it had no chance
    logging screwed (native anyway)-one tree a hectare is one tree too many
    Enviro eco-Nazis don't like dairy farming so is that next?
    Not much primary industry left and tourism can never catch up the shortfall. How does that sustain 30000 odd people?
    There are no parties that give a shite about the working man anymore. its either business or the environment.
    veitnamcam, Tommy, Fawls and 3 others like this.

@cmiffy

@Cordite
    grew up in blackball-35 years
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Cordite
    grew up in blackball-35 years
    @csmiffy

Wow, lots of heritage. But with Jacinda in bed with the Greens the West Coast has bleak prospects. That said, IMHO there are many overly-green folk on the coast and you guys have to have a hard chat amongst yourselves what you really want. I'm thinking about the fluoride refusal too: one of my mates was a GP in Westport for a number of years and told me he'd never filled in more emergency referral chits for the dentist. Unfortunately, a lot of times kids reap what the hippies sow.

Anyway, stayed here with my wife:

Name:  blackball-hilton-2010.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  99.7 KB
    Tommy, Fawls and csmiffy like this.

what do i do for a crust?
    i stopped bathing.

on a serious not i currently work from home repairing weird electronics that no one else will do, i was doing home automation, home theater and security till a dodgy building site and a major accident caused arm and nerve damage so i cant carry ladders or use hammer drills etc any more
    mikee and csmiffy like this.

@csmiffy

Wow, lots of heritage. But with Jacinda in bed with the Greens the West Coast has bleak prospects. That said, IMHO there are many overly-green folk on the coast and you guys have to have a hard chat amongst yourselves what you really want. I'm thinking about the fluoride refusal too: one of my mates was a GP in Westport for a number of years and told me he'd never filled in more emergency referral chits for the dentist. Unfortunately, a lot of times kids reap what the hippies sow.

Anyway, stayed here with my wife:

Attachment 90358
    Missus worked there behind the bar before the move to OZ, and in the salami shop as well. Top pub shut though.
    A lot of the people that we called hippies growing up in blackball after the mine shut down still needed jobs and worked in some of the industries that are now defunct.
    They aren't the hippies that are around now. A lot of them are what the aussie call ferals or housos.
    Cheap housing and low housing costs bring them in. A bit like when the mine shut down I suppose but at least it looked like there was a future. not so much now.
    That's the thing with some of the greenies. They actually do live there and not in the towns but they still don't really care that all the business are shut down due to lack of jobs or decent pay.
    Talking to one of my old school mates a little while back. Top league player in the day. Only 2 premier sides going on the grey valley now. My side gone. That's out of 7
    Up till the late 70sd still produce kiwis and beat Auckland. Rugby is no better. No numbers there.
    Crying shame and while I would dearly love to live there I couldn't chance it with work.
    Last edited by csmiffy; 30-06-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i stopped bathing.

on a serious not i currently work from home repairing weird electronics that no one else will do, i was doing home automation, home theater and security till a dodgy building site and a major accident caused arm and nerve damage so i cant carry ladders or use hammer drills etc any more
    Ah that's no good.
    On a lighter note have you considered moving to Blackball?
    Forget that not enough money around LOL

i stopped bathing.

@gonetropo

By brother does that for PCs and Laptops. Fixes things no-one else will bother touching, leading to very happy customers. Has got some good time saving techniques, like using a FLIR to localise bad connection solder joints (common these days of lead-free solder).
    Tommy likes this.

lead free solder is evil stuff, i get auto equipment soldered in it that disintegrates on kiwi roads due to vibration, i do access equipment controllers, auto, nv gear and more robotic decoys i can shake a stick at, also over 1000 spotlights so far.
    add to that audio/video equipment and at present a $3000 pump for an aquarium !
    Beaker and FatLabrador like this.

lead free solder is evil stuff, i get auto equipment soldered in it that disintegrates on kiwi roads due to vibration, i do access equipment controllers, auto, nv gear and more robotic decoys i can shake a stick at, also over 1000 spotlights so far.
    @gonetropo

Fixing stuff is satisfaction.

lead free solder is shit to solder with too. I have gone back to 60/40 stuff.
    Beaker and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    lead free solder is shit to solder with too. I have gone back to 60/40 stuff.
    @mikee @gonetropo

They were telling us not to look at the appearance of a solder joint when using the lead free stuff. But you just can not call black white. If the joint looks poor, obviously IS poor and is likelier to fail - no matter what you're meant to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    If there was a job title on the door it would say Forest and Property Manager.
    So basically I fix things people have broke and make things run on schedule.
    In past history I've also been camera salesman, council worker (no sir, the council can not make your stormwater run up hill), oh and I think there is a piece of paper round here somewhere that says I'm an architect (yes sir, of course you can build a mansion for $100k).
    Iím now aboveís forest security

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    I’m now above’s forest security
    Just to be clear, are you stopping the trees from running away or are you stopping people coming in to steal the trees?

I gotta be honest though bro, if a tree was really gapping it, you would never keep up.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Just to be clear, are you stopping the trees from running away or are you stopping people coming in to steal the trees?

I gotta be honest though bro, if a tree was really gapping it, you would never keep up.
    Haven’t had to chase any trees yet but have been busy supplying hi- viz to dumb fucks who forget theirs ��