Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What's a good cell phone to get

What's a good cell phone to get

My phone is nearly fukd I think its a vodaphone smart phone of some kind it's so smart it does stuff all by its self like ring people up or start playing music and other weird shit I don't know fuk all about phones but know I don't want an iPhone so we will leave those out looking at around 300$ I use it mainly for txting banking emails looking at this great forum and possibly more but this shitter doesn't let me do much I think the updates might of filled it up with whatever they fill up with cheers nd

I got one of these https://www.trademe.co.nz/mobile-pho...5b6ff2c7234777 beat phone for the price and it's waterproofish

Samsung x Cover4. Waterproof. In budget range, in a decent case it bounces ok. Has spent over an hour under water in a pond when a few weeks old, came out unscathed and still working perfectly 4 months later.
    csmiffy likes this.

You can get some cheaper android phones which would probably serve what you want. I got a shitty Huawei for $40 with 19 credit and it works ok. Occasionally rings people all by itself, usually after a dozen text messages but not as often now. The memory is full which took about 2 years. Pretty slow now and trying to find one of the old Samsung flip phones which can call and text. Pretty much all I want currently. Got one of those slide phones but it wont recognise the sim card currently, but will sort it at some stage.

I have a iPhone 6+ for work and it can do random shit as well. Im on my 4th one so they don't last long, even in the drop proof cases.

Most phones are overpriced and overrated.
    mikee likes this.

samsung xcover3 water proof dust proof and me proof
    keneff likes this.

There seem to be a lot of Samsung's around its what I've been thinking about getting which is the one that catches fire

Note 7 I think, shouldn't be any around after recall. Samsung is the way forward, we have a mix at work and they out perform apple on most things

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ozzy likes this.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

I got a Blackview BV6000(I think) off Aliexpress for about 250 delivered. Water proof, drop proof and does heaps of stuff that I don't know how too. Unlocked so runs on any network. Dual sim. Had it about 18 months and no issues yet.
    Overkill is still dead.

We got n OPPO A73. smart phone. It has a lot of features and specs of phones 3 or 4 times the price. $400 or there abouts. It was a close call between that and motorola G series about the same price, but the OPPO had a bigger processor, bigger camera, more memory bigger and more features all at the same price. Works a lot like an Iphone, but is actually android based. I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to tech, but I am getting my head around it OK.

I've had a much better run from Sony Xperia phones than Samsmug. Plenty of waterproof options too.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I got one of the vodafone branded ones for 130 bucks, it's been very reliable so far. Although it takes terrible pictures.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

if you want reliability and good battery life get a sony.
    currently i am on a huawei and it tends to seize up.
    never ever an i-phone , they might be full of apps and gimmicks but reception is crap and clarity is metallic sounding

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I got one of the vodafone branded ones for 130 bucks, it's been very reliable so far. Although it takes terrible pictures.
    it shows

@BRADS or @BRADS pm sent

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Sammy A8. Good camera & operating speed. But worth a bit more than 3 hundy. An A5 would be an option around the 4 hundy +