Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: whats your thing

whats your thing

thought it would be interesting to see what other peoples main interests are in our shooting hunting comunity thats firearm related mine are old school/mititary calibers m96/38 rifles 22 hornets lee enfields i have a little play with the machining side of things but far from a precision machinest more hand fitting and really admire some of the work some of you guys post on here
    dannyb and Been Upto like this.

I'm interested in anything that goes BANG, but the old stuff is more interesting
    FatLabrador, csmiffy and Been Upto like this.
    Use enough gun

I like it all. I do like pistols but cant be bothered with a club. Rather just have a 22 semi and maybe a 1911 45acp for the pack but that's a bit naughty so not going to happen.
    Id like to shoot black powder but don't want to own one-I can be a bit lax with cleaning and you just cant do that with them.
    like a bit of shotgun action. Do the local clay target stuff but haven't got out on the live game much since I've been back. Would like to have a go at sporting clays-haven't done that for years.
    Done a couple of seasons of indoor small-bore years ago-liked getting the hang of the trigger control and breathing but otherwise bored me to tears. Much prefer shotguns.
    Like playing around with stocks but haven't done many. also like a bit of fitting and repairs but only done mine and a couple of others as required so still learning at that.
    I do like the dangerous game stuff and have a rifle for the job but money lacking there I'm sorry to say.
    Not interested in range shooting as a hobby.
    To much reloading and fecking around to get it right for me. If I was doing it Id have to, to stay competitive and it would get to me.
    Been Upto likes this.

filling the freezer...more and more its bush hobbit type hunting that does it following my dog around in tight shitty bush really squeals my wheels. love ducks n geese with shotgun again stalking up and jump shooting preferred to sitting over dekes.
    Sideshow, Preacher and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I'm interested in anything that goes BANG, but the old stuff is more interesting
    pretty much sums me up. I hunt but only sporadically and for the freezer. You could describe me as a shooter more than a hunter.
    Had my B for 20 years but gave it away as got bored with it, Still hold my E though. If I have to give up any part of shooting sports then Sporting Clays would be last to go.
    Steve123, Mathias and csmiffy like this.

mainly hunting anything larger than a mouse.never worried if I got anything just enjoy the time out and the chance of something.used to like clays ,dtl and sporting now only use a 410 more of a challenge as you don't have the large spread of a 12g. going to get back into rabbit shooting when I can find some properties to do it on.

its all about the wood work for me
    Fireflite likes this.
    Liberty or Death

Used to like playing paintball and busting clays informally with a few friends. Have been learning the black arts of pistol shooting and reloading for the last 5 or so years.

I seem to have a problem with everything that goes bang except pistols & e-cats are too much of a hassle, Have my A, E & D licences.

Really have a soft spot for BIG bores & things that are super accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    its all about the wood work for me
    I can only single like!
    northdude likes this.

was thinking of going for c cat as theres a few military rifles that id like to get but cant see myself shooting them m1 carbine and one of those swedish ljungman or what ever they call them has my intrest

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I seem to have a problem with everything that goes bang except pistols & e-cats are too much of a hassle, Have my A, E & D licences.

big is good!
    Use enough gun

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    big is good!
    Your mrs says the same.
    40mm likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I seem to have a problem with everything
    that goes bang except pistols & e-cats are too much of a hassle, Have my A, E & D licences.

Accuracy first, then
    Fun factor.

Have A B and E, all are good
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Small bore through school and trap shooting. In pistol club for a while but never had my B. Would like to but cost and time makes it awkward. Would like a C and E but cost stuffs it for me. Small game, big game and ducks opening morning. Would like to try upland game. Id be shit at it still wanna give it a go though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk