Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Whoís awake, and if so, why?

our "kids" get me up every morning between 5 & 6. The sooner they learn to open doors and get their own dog biscuits the better!

actually its my favourite time of the day. @Gapped axe your talk about insurance is really helpful mate. I have been looking at what the medical and life insurance and wondering if its worth the monthly costs, was gong to can it but your post has convinced me otherwise.
    Steve123 likes this.

Should of been a salesman eh. We did something similar thing for our first born with an education scholarship, which was really worth doing, e knew by the time no2 came along our finacial commitments would be released and made a bit more gentile.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Been working pretty solidly since christmas building a nice garden shed for wifey and renovating our glasshouse. I built this 45 years ago. It is 6m *5m and needed a new roof. More recently have rebuilt the vege garden with raised beds and planted a dozen more citrus and fruit trees. This has been a big job, the garden being 15m*10m and includes a berry house and been frame, thornless blackberry fence and large potted herb section under the eaves of tge gkasshouse. Modified the irrigation lines as well. A bit of bird hunting in between times and also a half beast for the freezer. Nearly finished the last two deer I shot prior to our 50th wedding anniversary so thinking about another for fallow around october. Spud patch is ready for planting and in spring the fruit trees will need pruning. Darned old knees hurt though, but doing our best to insulate from what is coming in the next few years and make life physically, fiscally and mentally easier as we head into our late 70's. I like listening to the rural program on national radio Sat mornings. These things help to offset the bs false flags from wellington and gives the knowledge that many New Zealanders are still independent of mind and spirit.
    Good on you @Gapped axe; you inspire with courage in the face of adversity.
    tetawa, Pengy, 308 and 4 others like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Awake at around 6.30am cos the boys first volley of shots down the farm woke me up .....
    I’m with GA on this too, after going through the public system with my fathers cancer treatments and now going through private with my father in laws, I really wish my parents had had a Plan B in place.
    Keep fighting GA, we need people like yourself with practical, creative and useful knowledge around here...
    Rich007 and Steve123 like this.

Got up at 5, had two panadol and a vapodrop and went back to bed. I donít handle the flu that well.

(Feel guilty about writing that after reading Gapped Axe post...)

was up at 05;30 and off up the road to "promise keepers" its my yearly shot in the arm/boost of faith.
    will be up at same time tomorrow to check for frost to see if need to grit the roads
    two fellas in same small group today had beaten the bigC at one stage..fella giving talk for that elective has had issues for 15 years...2 tumours in brain,two in lungs and two in back....he beat it once with surgury,chemo and lots of prayers...the doctors had written him off that time..and still battling it now...
    keep your chin up G.A. where there is breath there is still hope. you are indeed an inspiration.
    Pengy likes this.

Haha, didnít look at my phone this am, got up a 4:30 to sort my neck, made breakfast, feed the cat and went back to bed and slept till 8am then went to watch the grandkids play soccer and met ball, the a long ride on the e bikes with my wife. Tomorrow is a clean up day, havenít seen the backyard and garden for weeks, then over to work for end of month cleanup and paint a motor for Monday del and maybe a quick bunny chase if it fine enough and checkout a white baiting spot. During the week itís 5 am starts with a walk run, always a great time of the day,I need to retire!!
    Good to know your going ok Bos, that view from your bedroom would be enticing on a good or bad day!!
    Pengy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Been working pretty solidly since christmas building a nice garden shed for wifey and renovating our glasshouse. I built this 45 years ago. It is 6m *5m and needed a new roof. More recently have rebuilt the vege garden with raised beds and planted a dozen more citrus and fruit trees. This has been a big job, the garden being 15m*10m and includes a berry house and been frame, thornless blackberry fence and large potted herb section under the eaves of tge gkasshouse. Modified the irrigation lines as well. A bit of bird hunting in between times and also a half beast for the freezer. Nearly finished the last two deer I shot prior to our 50th wedding anniversary so thinking about another for fallow around october. Spud patch is ready for planting and in spring the fruit trees will need pruning. Darned old knees hurt though, but doing our best to insulate from what is coming in the next few years and make life physically, fiscally and mentally easier as we head into our late 70's. I like listening to the rural program on national radio Sat mornings. These things help to offset the bs false flags from wellington and gives the knowledge that many New Zealanders are still independent of mind and spirit.
    Good on you @Gapped axe; you inspire with courage in the face of adversity.
    Your life sounds like a good one

Tomorrow we Will pull the boat out of the wet shed and whilst it,s out WE WILL DO A Blue Lake fish. Then its into the dry shed till October, unless I take it to the beach. Being in the water for so long is not good.
    Steve123 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Wish I wasnít awake, if that counts.. reckon I must have finally managed to get off to sleep again about when you were posting this yesterday, after being awake since 1. About 3 weeks deep in a nice insomnia cycle atm, on top of everything else. Managing to scrape about half the sleep I need.

Most nights itís pain keeping me awake, other nights just my body giving me the middle finger because it can.

Been stuck in bed near enough to 18 hrs a day for the last 3 months or so now, not much hope of that changing anytime soon either. Not the first time Iíve been this weak. Just in survival mode now, taking care of essentials.

Thankfully got good family and neighbours checking in on me.. neighbours at least know that if they see me staggering around the garden at 11am itís not because Iíve been drinking, itís just a bad day.

Doctor just shrugs, like usual. Not her fault they havenít developed any treatments yet.

On the bright side, at least itís not likely to kill me.

Oh well, back to staring at my eyelids for a while
    jakewire, veitnamcam, 308 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Wish I wasn’t awake, if that counts.. reckon I must have finally managed to get off to sleep again about when you were posting this yesterday, after being awake since 1. About 3 weeks deep in a nice insomnia cycle atm, on top of everything else. Managing to scrape about half the sleep I need.

Most nights it’s pain keeping me awake, other nights just my body giving me the middle finger because it can.

Been stuck in bed near enough to 18 hrs a day for the last 3 months or so now, not much hope of that changing anytime soon either. Not the first time I’ve been this weak. Just in survival mode now, taking care of essentials.

Thankfully got good family and neighbours checking in on me.. neighbours at least know that if they see me staggering around the garden at 11am it’s not because I’ve been drinking, it’s just a bad day.

Doctor just shrugs, like usual. Not her fault they haven’t developed any treatments yet.

On the bright side, at least it’s not likely to kill me.

Oh well, back to staring at my eyelids for a while
    All sounds a bit rough, and to think I am only up this morning because the wife pulled the blankets her way and I ended up with cold feet so got up and lit the fire.

Me, I'm up because it's time
    I liked your post Striker, not because I ..bah.. you know why.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Insomnia huh? That’s hardly worth losing sleep over. Sorry Striker, it’s an old joke and I just couldn’t pass up the chance to recycle it.
    Moa Hunter, outlander and mimms2 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

That sounds like shit. What is the diagnosis if I can ask. CBD oil is very good, does not work instant but after 4 days it starts to kick in. I have 2 drips under my tongue before I go to bed and thats sleep sorted. Ask your Doc about getting it.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

CITY BORN COUNTRY RAISED WHEELIN REBEL quadhunter260's Avatar
    stupid cold or something woke bout 5 struggling to breathe
    me lungs arnt the flashest from birth so breathless when i get rare cold etc is a bugga but minor in the greater scheme of life i guess
    normally only hunting gets me before the sparrows shit the bed 🤬