Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who else hates the waiting game....

Who else hates the waiting game....

Your item has arrived in New Zealand.
    Scan history: Status Scanned
    1 Picked up 09.21 PM on 29/09/12
    2 Left country of origin 09.17 AM on 02/10/12
    3 Arrived in New Zealand 02.02 PM on 04/10/12

Going by the last time it will be a couple of weeks until it gets to me...
    Feels a bit like waiting for Christmas as a kid
    gadgetman likes this.
    Treat every firearm as loaded - Always point firearms in a safe direction - Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Identify your target beyond all doubt - Check your firing zone - Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

+1

Though I'm waiting on something I bought in this city on Monday to arrive. Five days and chances are it has less than 10km to move to get to me.

So while waiting I just had to buy a few other things that I could pick up myself.

I'm still waiting for my mate to post my bloody Qtown pics!!

Also, I've heard that the courier company pays Customs outright for the fees and the wait normally comes from the seller billing you to then pay off the courier. Does this sound correct Gagetman?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Looks like I was a bit quick to post this.... they turned up on the doorstep while I was out
    Nothing like a new pair of Binos to sooth the eyes... I'll post more in the optics section.

Hey gadgetman... I've had that happen also... took two weeks to cross town...
    This time I was lucky though.. 7 days.. I'm stoked.
    Treat every firearm as loaded - Always point firearms in a safe direction - Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Identify your target beyond all doubt - Check your firing zone - Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I'm still waiting for my mate to post my bloody Qtown pics!!

Also, I've heard that the courier company pays Customs outright for the fees and the wait normally comes from the seller billing you to then pay off the courier. Does this sound correct Gagetman?
    So far I haven't been pinged, but from what I understand Customs send the bill to the recipient. When paid they release to the courier/postal service.

For some reason, it seems mail gets here from the UK, Europe far quicker than the US?!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

K95
    Drives me nuts, I can get stuff from the US and Hong Kong faster than from Sydney!!!!

Well I'm still waiting on an across town delivery. Would have been nice to have it for the weekend as I need the fine weather to use it. If it arrives tomorrow (8 days) it would have had an average speed of the order of 50 meters an hour. Hope the driver has a good neck restraint, the acceleration must be a killer.
    Toby likes this.

Good grief! It's over two weeks and I'm still waiting. The average speed will be well below 30m/hr now.

Ring them.

I had 2 packages i am still waiting for the letter. U ring them and go to nz post and get a nz tracking #, notice # and Custums # then ring customs with them.

Unfortunately I've only got an email address for the company, but no one is replying to them.

Nah ring customs and press 3 takes you to nz post. they can search using your name and address

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Nah ring customs and press 3 takes you to nz post. they can search using your name and address
    But it was bought locally in Christchurch!

Finally heard back from them tonight, they have no stock left. Have offered to upgrade to the next model for a little more $$$, so I'll go with that. They've also dropped the 20 odd listings from other branches round the country.

I have a grin ear to ear, I just spent 7 days in Las Vegas, got back Saturday morning. Middle of last week had a couple hours to spare and managed to drag myself away from the pokies and perving at the sheila's and head to a well known Gun Shop, bugger me days if they had some bits I wanted. Bought them and back at the hotel started to wonder if I would have problems at the airports at both ends, nothing illegal but just didn't want to get the 20 questions etc and stuff up my multi entry visa, so ended up posting them to myself, they turned up in my letter box today, even wrote what they were on the UPS form taped to the box of goodies, you little ripper

R93

Who else hates the waiting game....

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    I have a grin ear to ear, I just spent 7 days in Las Vegas, got back Saturday morning. Middle of last week had a couple hours to spare and managed to drag myself away from the pokies and perving at the sheila's and head to a well known Gun Shop, bugger me days if they had some bits I wanted. Bought them and back at the hotel started to wonder if I would have problems at the airports at both ends, nothing illegal but just didn't want to get the 20 questions etc and stuff up my multi entry visa, so ended up posting them to myself, they turned up in my letter box today, even wrote what they were on the UPS form taped to the box of goodies, you little ripper
    Xmas for adults. I love it when new toys show up in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.