Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Who are we?

Who are we?

Perhaps at a time when we are being held front and center and gangs and white supremacists are being given a free pass, it is a good time to ask who are we? First there are two groups. This is a hunting and shooting forum and we do not tolerate the anti-social elements of the gun community here. Never have, never will.
    As hunters, we are not "predominantly white males". I deny this, because if you want to reduce me to the color of my skin you are a racist. We post here under false names. There are Muslims here, or there used to be. "Predominantly" means to ignore minorities because it is convenient.

We are the last remnants of the oldest part of all cultures. There is a saying that happiness is what makes your genes sing and every people has a few of us in it. New Zealand is one of our last refuges. We built our laws and our cultures to reflect where we came from. Places where we were not free and where we could be tortured or killed if we dared fulfill our natural desire to gather our own food. When I lived in Africa in that region of dark gods and mysteries, where everything is unimaginably old, I survived because of what I had in common with the people there. To them I was a strange giant from a foreign land, but that was not all I was. I was not a "white man". I was a dog man. They were dog men. They hunted with packs of the finest hunting dogs South of Egypt. Ancient hounds. I acquired a pack of them immediately and these fine hunting dogs formed a common bond between us. I ran mine as the locals did and we both used them to dodge the armed bands that roamed the area. They have mine now, they were cherished and I gained the respect I needed due to my ability to handle them. They hunted with old rifles, spears and dogs in a fashion not dissimilar to our own ways. Were they to be transplanted onto our hills, or us onto theirs, we would not notice the language gap or thousands of years of separation. We would hunt together and we would enjoy it.

We shoot, and yes, some few of us shoot military style rifles. Some shoot semi-automatics. If you dig into this forum, no matter how much you read, I doubt you will find much that deviates from a search for the most humane way to dispatch our dinner. Will the hypocrites acknowledge their plastic packets of meat have darker origins? Does a wallaby in the hills get a quick follow up shot? We pursue accuracy and precision in a way a climber scales a face or a weaver weaves a thread.

Who needs a semi auto? I don't. I will cut our detractors a deal. I am a man of the outdoors toughened by hard scrabble living to send them food and shelter. I will gladly accept I will never hold an auto-loading fire arm of any kind, in return for a promise I will never be asked to. I do not hear great cries for New Zealands neutrality. Were a mistake to be made in one of our belligerent Allies freedom of navigation exercises, were the Chinese general threatening to sink US aircraft carriers to carry out his threat, then we would all have weapons of war pressed into our hands. The polite folk of urban society would again feed us into the meat grinder of modern warfare without a moments hesitation. Were they to have any hope of protection, they would be looking hard for people who could show their chubby weak children how not to die in harsh conditions. I will accept that I am to outsource my self defense to our police. This is an intrinsic part of our society. Until they rescind their right to conscript me, they still expect me to defend them with my own life at any time. Their insinuation we should all be urban pacifists is conditional. I could think of nothing better than to be a neutral pacifist and never have to worry about war again, but by law this is a right I have never had.

We are the people who hacked this country out of the bush so it would be comfortable for the people who now argue we should not exist. This comfort they now feel shame for. Yet they cross the street to avoid people foreign to them, then assuage their guilt by finding causes to champion. We whaled with the Maori, we shore sheep with the Waitaha, we dug gold with the Chinese, I dug potatoes with the Chinese. I tanned and salted skins with the Tongans. I broke bread with everyone, at smoko. I can curse in many languages. When I can't catch Kawhai, Tongan nephews at the direction of their uncles shift fish from their pile to mine. I farm and fish with Fillipinos and I yarn with all of them in the local hunting store. When their kids don't feel safe on the street because of gangs covered in Swastikas, I go along and I teach them things I know.

I have no guilt, for I have nothing to feel guilty for. The shame, and the blame, lies elsewhere. I don't have to assuage my guilt for crossing the street or averting my eyes like the warmongering faux liberal racists who reduce me to a "white man" and who deny my rarer countryman even exist. I detest the vile propagandists who took a violent act by a monster and waited not a second to target the law abiding. My little daughter and my beautiful wife are Jewish. My Jewish Dad and my Jewish mother, people who have shown me more love for less reason than anyone I ever knew, had parents who were holocaust victims. How foul and base a hypocrite must you be, to gloss over the white supremacy at the heart of this atrocity, to attack people who played no part? These people put gangs who prey on our children above us.

The people on this forum get along. We share things in common. We do not share any culture other than that which is intrinsic to all people. You do not know who you talk to here and it never mattered.

I ask people one question. What changed? If we now have problems we never had, what changed? Unless you are a racist, you can't blame peoples and cultures and that includes "white men". We are all the same. We have good people and bad. In my experience you will find some of your own kind and people who love you anywhere you go. I owe my skin to people who can't pronounce my name, nor me theirs. They called me Father once. I earned that title by putting myself between them and trouble. If only our own people understood respect in the same way. I am any mans friend so long as they do not chastise me unfairly.

We need to find the root of this problem but we should not shigh away from pointing to those hypocrites who craft the narrative to their own ends. We must make concessions, even if painful or inconvenient, to recover the trust we should never have lost. Nothing feels more awful to me than to be a source of fear for my neighbors. If they sleep better at night because I do not have an AR15 then so be it, even if they would see me shot for their safety. We should look to our own and be honest about what makes us uncomfortable. We have all seen those who decorate themselves in ways to impress or intimidate. We are aware when peoples shortcomings are made up by the power gained by gun ownership. The only cure for this is sunlight. It is not a threat to your way of life to highlight these things, but to ignore them.

We failed a little. Others failed a lot. We can all do better.

Many events for our community have been cancelled. While I will not at this time seek access for us, I will leave everyone the opportunity to seek their own. All are welcome in June, in Kurow. We can lick our wounds and discuss what we can do to regain peoples trust.

@Tussock, I know through bitter experience the aweful feelings of being repeatedly interrogated by tactical police units being under suspicion for crimes only only because that I am outspoken. I refused them access to dna fingerprints and my home. This current episode brings back my resentment of being placed under scrutiny because of the unlawful life affecting act of some odd bastard completely unknown to me.
    I have already alluded in other posts to the almost instantaneous political manouverings by offshore well known New Zealanders so will not berate that further except to say their demands / timings piss me off.
    Here is a link which would or could fit a happier time for us at Kurow
    Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNrQQNwZegg
    gadgetman likes this.

I suppose I am upset because we have this gang issue here. Then I recently went through the maternity ward with my wife. They failed to keep track of any of our details, including our medical details. One of the things they lost was my wifes express wish that doctors and midwives talk to me, not to her as English is her third language and she gets confused under stress. They made some horrible errors and treated her badly, to the horror of our own midwife. They decided I must be a domestic violence case and made all these furtive efforts to talk to her only when I left the room. She was terrified and it was an awful experience of being treated as a criminal, much like this one.

I can't remember the last time my country was good to me.
    veitnamcam, Maca49, Tommy and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I can't remember the last time my country was good to me.
    I'm finding the same with various government departments. If you are honest they are a battle.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Here is a good part of my and New Zealands pride and stoicism. It and freedom is still in our blood and in our hearts.
    Enjoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7R2MBkqlk

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Here is a good part of my and New Zealands pride and stoicism. It and freedom is still in our blood and in our hearts.
    Enjoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7R2MBkqlk
    Woody, great video mate, but you can't ride a horse in a dress

Guerillas mate

you do realise bagpipes originated in turkey, entered ireland then the irish gave them to the scots as a joke
    unfortunately they took it seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Woody, great video mate, but you can't ride a horse in a dress
    There's always ya trews.
    Woody and Tussock like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    you do realise bagpipes originated in turkey, entered ireland then the irish gave them to the scots as a joke
    unfortunately they took it seriously
    Oi!
    Woody likes this.

Actually the major manufacturers of bagpipes today is Pakistan. I pretty sure though that it were the Scots who developed them into The Great Highland Warpipes.
    As for riding horse- it's fine but you lose your arsehair and hair from inside your legs and back of the family jewels��

who are we?? KIWI,S
    we are the first to help and the last to leave what ever the situation .
    we accept people for the strength of their character and not for the colour of their skin.
    we are human and fallable but never petty in times of strife.

Actually the major manufacturers of bagpipes today is Pakistan. I pretty sure though that it were the Scots who developed them into The Great Highland Warpipes.
    As for riding horse- it's fine but you lose your arsehair and hair from inside your legs and back of the family jewels��
    Are you speaking from experience @Woody? go you aye haha
    Liberty or Death

Who are we ?

We are the New Zealand Firearms Fraternity. We come from all walks of life , cover all professions and occupations , and the vast majority of us will drop what we are doing to help others in need.

What we are not is terrorists , armed thugs , robbers , drug selling gang members , nor mass murderers. We are ordinary , law abiding kiwis , and now we need to stand up and be counted. Its time to get behind those organisations who are recognised by the Police and the Government as being the representatives of us , and we need to get over the pettiness of the differant shooting factions .

We are all in this together and we will all swim or sink together.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

dont ever produce a set of pakistani pipes or any pakistani highland regalia in front of any self respecting piper or youll wish you were deaf -casue you soon wil lbe -Ionce witnessed a true scottish trained pipe tutor fling a set of that shit right out the bandroom door and order the so called piper be outfitted with a set of the bands loan pipes. pakistani stuff is cheap crap and simply dont cut the mustard .in fact some of the best highland stuff in NZ today is locally manufactured.
    i married into a pipe band family with wifey a piper/drummer ,brother in law piper ,fil bass drummer myself bass ./tenor and our daughter (noisy wee bugger)-a side drummer
    Micky Duck likes this.