Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: why?.....

why?.....

Does DOC allow the bulldozing and clearing of bush to build a fancy lodge which really looks out of place but will tear down your bivy if they find it ......Name:  IMG_1190.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  989.6 KBName:  IMG_1193.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  974.0 KB
    The view from number 4 at piropiro for those of you who haven't been down for a while. It can be seen from the road on the drive in . Certainly not aesthetically pleasing or sympathetic to the environment

It might get painted so it blends in.......???

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Thats a pretty big hut. There must be considerable numbers of park users to justify such a beast. There are a lot of MTB riders/trals in the area?
    Pointer likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Lots of cyclists using the area , back in the day if you turned up and couldn't get one of the four shelters you could share but now you get the evil eye f you turn up without a mountain bike or shock horror unload your hunting gear

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Lots of cyclists using the area , back in the day if you turned up and couldn't get one of the four shelters you could share but now you get the evil eye f you turn up without a mountain bike or shock horror unload your hunting gear
    I am both a hunter and mountain biker and I can assure you there are dick heads in equal proportions in both camps.
    veitnamcam, kiwijames, ebf and 8 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Absolutely we all have the right to use the park and I'm sure most of the cyclists are unaware the shelters were builtby th deerstalkers for everyone but there are people making money off the cycle trail who seem to think they have right to reserve shelters exclusively for their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    It might get painted so it blends in.......???
    That was one of the most stupid things ever done. They used to be a nice bright colour so you could find them.
    Pengy, Beaker, res and 2 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    That was one of the most stupid things ever done. They used to be a nice bright colour so you could find them.
    Yeah, commented before picture loaded, and knowing what or where it was.
    With some buildings in the back country here, both new and existing, it's a DOC requirement for them to be painted neutral so it doesnt affect the scenery. This is private buildings
    Orange, or some other contrast for the area is a much safer option IMO
    gadgetman likes this.

Don't worry it won't be there long if the ground keeps shaking won't be on the skyline anyway and you won't have to walk far for water as will be in the creek.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I am both a hunter and mountain biker and I can assure you there are dick heads in equal proportions in both camps.
    How many are Dick heads in both camps??

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    How many are Dick heads in both camps??

Sent from my workbench
    A few from each side. I ride as well mainly to keep fit but, watch out if you slow one down....Road rage has nothing on some of those guys. This is their track and they will let you know...Others just let you know they are approaching and allow time to move aside and let them past. As with all sports, most are good buggers, some are nowhere near as accomplished (newbies like me) and others are just cocks....Luckily, from my experience, most are good buggers, there are a lot of newbies and only a very few proper cocks....(And by "cocks" it does not just mean men, there are some females in that group too)
    Steve123 likes this.

Sign of the times. They will be the majority in certain areas soon.
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Sign of the times. They will be the majority in certain areas soon.
    Just have to keep going where bikes cant

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Have you seen where that Macaskill fellow takes his bike....???? If that's an example of where they can go we may have to start using the bikes to get there.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I thought the same until two weeks ago, twoshot and I were hunting off a cycle trail, took two deer for our troubles. Checked the hut book, there had been half a dozen hunters through in the last year, in comparison to maybe a couple of hundred cyclists? I think in this case cyclists scare hunters off Hut was mint, newly refurbished for the lycra brigade. Win win!
    kiwijames and WallyR like this.