Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 1 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By Aly
  • 1 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: Wild pigs

Caretaker

Wild pigs

Heck there are a lot of wild pigs around this year

Had a lil one run right up to me today whilst sneaking in on Sika, cute wee thing that settled down really quick and enjoyed its ears rubbed, I told it the facts of life then let it go, hopefully a little wiser

Anyone else seeing a lot of Pigs this year ?

A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Havent noticed locally but 4 out of 5 utes have dog boxes on here, property I have just been to in Kiakoura has quite a bit of pig sign at the moment where as usually they are quite scarce.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Spoke to some dickhead the other day who thought he was pretty cool that he could smash over forestry gates, fill in the local cockies culverts and generally vandalise everything in his way so he and his mate could get a quad and trailer nearly to Parks Peak via the Mak entry to release pigs. The reasoning being that there used to be pigs there so he was doing everyone a service. If I se any I'll shoot em and leave the carcass where it lies. I'm wondering if some of the local forest restrictions is encouraging this more in public areas? I don't mind seeing the odd pig but it makes the rest of us look like dicks where these unnecessary releases are made. @BRADS knows the same poor bloke who's farm this access is on and some "hunters" attitudes in the area are disgraceful.
    P38 likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Seen a few pigs around the "carpark" at Kashmir road......
    Strange they think the carpark is home must give the pig hunters a real battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Spoke to some dickhead the other day who thought he was pretty cool that he could smash over forestry gates, fill in the local cockies culverts and generally vandalise everything in his way so he and his mate could get a quad and trailer nearly to Parks Peak via the Mak entry to release pigs. The reasoning being that there used to be pigs there so he was doing everyone a service. If I se any I'll shoot em and leave the carcass where it lies. I'm wondering if some of the local forest restrictions is encouraging this more in public areas? I don't mind seeing the odd pig but it makes the rest of us look like dicks where these unnecessary releases are made. @BRADS knows the same poor bloke who's farm this access is on and some "hunters" attitudes in the area are disgraceful.
    Its been goin on down here for years sadly. Bloody destructive they are too.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

1080 and and no dogs has seen an increase in the Haurangis.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Kiwijames

Releasing Pigs is nothing new, especially in that area and a little further north.

I shot two in that vicinity last year.

Haven't been out enough this year to get onto any yet but the one trip I have done we saw lots of pig sign.

Cheers
    Pete

Aly
    Looks like quite a happy piggy! What a funny wee encounter.
    7mmsaum likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Kiwijames

Releasing Pigs is nothing new, especially in that area and a little further north.

I shot two in that vicinity last year.

Haven't been out enough this year to get onto any yet but the one trip I have done we saw lots of pig sign.

Cheers
    Pete
    Yeah, I saw a sow and piglets in the Guavas forest just riding the mountain bike down to Ellis hut and back on the Yeoman not that long ago. Have not bumped into many in the forest though. Plenty in the pines next door so I guess they like that country better and will eventually push out anyway. Pig hunters in our backyard are their own worst enemy.
    BRADS likes this.

maye ehat wee pig definitely fancies you and shes a hell of a lot better looking than that kim kardashian tart.
    should have bought her home and sent her to mesur Dundees ranchero, to join the happy throng!
    7mmsaum likes this.

Ive been seeing quite a few young pigs and suckers at various public spots around the Wellington region.
    Surprising given how many people there are with utes/dog boxes (who think killing even suckers counts as a tally)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

quite cool when you have stuff like that happen to you, I guess you were lucky mum wasn't around the corner getting ready to have a crack at you. Been a bit of pig rooting around where I went on the weekend with Willie, had bumped into another forum member getting ready to head into the bush while driving along the road going to where we were to be hunting only to be informed he had seen a mob of four pigs the day before in that area.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

weve got em in the area round our duckshooting possie. had a couple of run ins ,but no luck so far.
    Be a nice opening day bonus.