Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By kotuku
  • 2 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By tiroatedson
  • 2 Post By Tommy

Thread: Winchester Australia Closing Down

Winchester Australia Closing Down

Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Shame. Especially considering the Australian power point (think that was the one) was highly regarded in the US when they could get it. It was different in a good way compared to the us stuff apparently

prior to cci being my norm i killed many a bunny with winchester expediter and laser.

power point /rabbit ammo-my fodder of choice in all my.22s.powerpoint was bloody dynamite on possums,none came back for 2nds.
    6x47 and csmiffy like this.

MB
    Iím not a fan of Winchester ammo, but I did think their 22mag subsonic rounds were a good idea and wanted to give them a go at some point, not that I even own a 22mag I think they were designed and made in Aussie.

that yellow remington subsonic shit is the worst.22ammo ive ever put near a rifle .even my old TOZ17 who would eat anything iswear used to grimace as a mag of that shit was inserted .used to make a sound like a gay cowboy slappin on the cock grease and then bounce like a marshmallow fart! whoever at remington dreamed that shit up needs the bloody lot force fecd to em!
    Steve123 and Mathias like this.

i would never use remington 22 in any gun, that dupont powder is filthy.
    years back i did a test and emptied 5 22 cartridges of varying manufacturers and types onto a piece of formica and lighting the powder
    cci was the cleanest, winchester not far behind. federal not bad and remington flamed out to an almost a tar compound.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    that yellow remington subsonic shit is the worst.22ammo ive ever put near a rifle .even my old TOZ17 who would eat anything iswear used to grimace as a mag of that shit was inserted .used to make a sound like a gay cowboy slappin on the cock grease and then bounce like a marshmallow fart! whoever at remington dreamed that shit up needs the bloody lot force fecd to em!
    Don't hold back Kotuku! Tell us how you REALLY feel about those bloody Remington subsonics...

The gold box Winchester Super Speed was pretty good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BRADS likes this.

That Winchester 42gr subsonic stuff was bloody great, but twice the price of anything else.
    Micky Duck and MB like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That Winchester 42gr subsonic stuff was bloody great, but twice the price of anything else.
    Yea the 40 and 42 gr powerpoint in both sub and super were great. The 42g really giving the ol "pee rifle" some serious whack with great accuracy in the JW.
    American powerpoint on the other hand had a nearly non existent hollow point and dismal accuracy

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea the 40 and 42 gr powerpoint in both sub and super were great. The 42g really giving the ol "pee rifle" some serious whack with great accuracy in the JW.
    American powerpoint on the other hand had a nearly non existent hollow point and dismal accuracy
    that's similar to what I read also. On certain forums like rimfire central I think, the aussie stuff would always be touted as a great round. like they'd say "powerpoint is great-not our stuff but the stuff from Australia". They just didn't get much of it.
    My go to rimfire ammo was/is Winchester subs (white box) and powerpoint (red box). Although PMC zapper and powerpoint was interchangeable in my experience. Didn't look the same but hot the same and killed the same. Could mix it up in the mag and couldn't tell the difference.
    Haven't tried the new stuff yet-doesn't look like Im going to.