Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Winter Sniffles

Winter Sniffles

I seem to have been nursing an on/off flu or cold or some godawful sickness since I've come to the warmer and wetter Wellington this winter. The usual feeling is like I've been smacked right in the mellon by a truck plus the good old sniffles. Is anyone else suffering such a thing? Any suggestions of home made remedies?

Preferably something with whisky in it would be nice.

Ughhhhh I am sick of buying tissues in bulk lots!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

If its any consolation Iv had snot and Flem for the last 3 weeks,nearly over it I think .
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Soldier on Dougie....

haha u needa score some work over western oz mining! a chilly 25 here today. wellyz always has ratty weather tho aye

ebf
    Dougie, better half and I both had that bug a couple weeks ago, the combo that seemed to work best for us was coldrex cold & flu taken with ibuprofen. Spoke to a pharmacist and that is the closest to pseudo ephedrine (which is now only available on script because of the bloody p cookers). Obviously check ingredients if you have any allergies like paracetamol or aspirin etc...

Geez ive had it on and off for close on two weeks ,flu first and now snot cough spit and head ache .low energy levels feeling farked ,so at the moment she's on top haha
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZHTR View Post
    Geez ive had it on and off for close on two weeks ,flu first and now snot cough spit and head ache .low energy levels feeling farked ,so at the moment she's on top haha
    dirty bastard but funny

Personally I've discovered a brilliant way to avoid the flu. Haven't bothered with a flu shot for five years, and it's probably about six years since I've had the flu. No jab = no flu.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Dougie you have been hanging around this forum too much and have clearly picked up a dose of the "Man Flu" which has been scientifically proven to be a bad bugger of a thing. Here is what you do. Firstly gargle whiskey (as much as you want) and make sure that you swallow it when you are done gargling. There is not a germ in creation that can survive a swim in whiskey. Secondly get in a sauna till you can't stand it any longer. That cooks the shit out of any germs that survived the whiskey. And lastly have mad unrestrained sex with your man. That won't do much for the flu but he will appreciate it seeing as how you have been moping around crook for the last little while.
    sneeze, tui_man2, NZHTR and 1 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I had one not long ago which included a headache for about 30hrs Had a couple of days off work and the cement pills took effect. Pisses me off when people come to work with a bug and think they are so tough to be able to work through it all the while spreading it to everyone in the room
    Wife got one and it developed into Laryngitis. There was a strange kind of blissful silence at home that weekend

Wife got one and it developed into Laryngitis. There was a strange kind of blissful silence at home that weekend [/QUOTE]

Bet you throught you'd gone deff for a y'all as well ehh .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    EeeBees and Bushrat like this.

[QUOTE=ebf;27064] Spoke to a pharmacist and that is the closest to pseudo ephedrine (which is now only available on script because of the bloody p cookers). QUOTE]

Cheers ebf, yeah pseudo used to work a treat for me, so much so that my grandmother used to send me about a kilo of Canadian baby flu meds about twice a year, that did the trick. Needless to say, about a year before the Misuse of Drugs Act was changed, I had a Customs Officer pop round with my mail haha. He must have dropped a recruitment broucher off at the same time..

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Dougie you have been hanging around this forum too much and have clearly picked up a dose of the "Man Flu" which has been scientifically proven to be a bad bugger of a thing. Here is what you do. Firstly gargle whiskey (as much as you want) and make sure that you swallow it when you are done gargling. There is not a germ in creation that can survive a swim in whiskey. Secondly get in a sauna till you can't stand it any longer. That cooks the shit out of any germs that survived the whiskey. And lastly have mad unrestrained sex with your man. That won't do much for the flu but he will appreciate it seeing as how you have been moping around crook for the last little while.
    No whisky last night, just wine in the house. Hot bath was as close as I could get to a sauna. As for the rest; you know I'm 22, right? Who ever said I wasn't doing that every night regardless of flu? As Dundee said, soldier on...
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Wine is that crap they squeeze out of grapes right? I've heard of it but real men probably don't drink it. A hot bath is no real substitute for a sauna unless you have gills. As to the unrestrained matter, good on ya, it's probably too high off the ground to eat grass anyway!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    As to the unrestrained matter, good on ya, it's probably too high off the ground to eat grass anyway!
    I have absolutely no idea what that means ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what that means ahaha.
    Really? Oh Dougie, what a sheltered life you have had.