Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By janleroux

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor

6.5 Creedmoor

Trying to get some idea of the range of a Creedmoor projectile..any one have some very long range kill shots?

The 143 ELDX and Nosler 142 LRAB work well have shot reds out to 500 either work well.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 888 View Post
    Trying to get some idea of the range of a Creedmoor projectile..any one have some very long range kill shots?
    I have not attempted any kills beyond 400m, but the theoretical max distance for the popular 143gr ELD-X projectiles is no more than 800m.

Hornady recon that the ELD-X projectile will still expand at 1600 fps. So, if you take a 143gr ELD-X leaving the barrel of the rifle at 2650 fps, then at 825 yd it will be going at just over 1600 fps.

1800 fps is probably a more accepted minimum velocity, and that will give a max range of 650 yd.

Many people hunt with ELD-M projectiles over longer ranges since they are softer. Not sure how effective or reliable they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dirkvanvuuren likes this.
    What you see, is what you get!

A few of projectiles will do the job - but not many people are capable of doing it.
    Longest stag was 450m, longest goats 600m, gongs @ 820m, all with the ELD-X 143gr. Anything living I would not target past 600m even on ideal conditions as I am not good enough.