Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: After 22 Lr subsonics

After 22 Lr subsonics

Just run out of the Kilwell whisper, dam as they shot really well & was cheap.

What are people using now?

Have heard that the Kilwells were Winchester rebranded. Also heard that the Australian Winchester ammo was way better than the Yanky stuff, Aussie stuff has now finished.

Just tried to get a brick of Eley subs from Reloaders Supplies, added to another order, but was reminded a police form is required, bugger its getting too hard, so will have to buy local in Ch Ch.

A good member on the forum PMed me, offering a box of Eleys subs to try, before I commit to buying a brick or 2, awesome much appreciated.
    rugerman, Beaker and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    A good member on the forum PMed me, offering a box of Eleys subs to try, before I commit to buying a brick or 2, awesome much appreciated.
    @flock Are you using a bolt gun or a semi?
    Was at the range the other day and a guy there couldn't get them to cycle in his CZ 512 semi.
    I have also read somewhere else about Eley not cycling semis, cannot remember firearm brand involved though.

i can "loan you" a box of cci , just get me some when back in stock. i have normal subsonic and the really slow stuff

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Attachment 160708
    Bought a couple of packets of this to satisfy boredom and curiosity ....60gns .It was accurate enough in both gevarm semi and Beretta , I didnt crony it . Pity they dont do a hollow point , but 60gns ... bit like lobbing a rock at something.
    aguila uses dupont powder the same as remington, its filthy burning stuff

I got some of these 60s to try. Had a very promising group out of the 1022 at 50 but was also trying it in 2 other rifles with no great success.
    Tried it again at 100 and the group opened up heaps.
    Been meaning to have another crack at fiddy and maybe 70m
    Maybe just not stabilizing once they slow down further out. Sort of hoping they wouldntbwork. Dear as poison

Have a marlin semi auto, 14 inch barrel, tried it it my DPT overbarrel Can, was impressed real quiet, bit limited to short rang though, good possum gun. Dilemma, got a nice 1957 Brno model 2 that shoots, should I get it threaded, or Craftys sell pull over Cans, but never got a answer from them as to will it fit a Model 2.
    Tried the Aguila 60g subs, they don't work with the micro grove rifling and short barrel, even key holeing. CCIs cycle well but accuracy was not there, thanks for the kind offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Have a marlin semi auto, 14 inch barrel, tried it it my DPT overbarrel Can, was impressed real quiet, bit limited to short rang though, good possum gun. Dilemma, got a nice 1957 Brno model 2 that shoots, should I get it threaded, or Craftys sell pull over Cans, but never got a answer from them as to will it fit a Model 2.
    Tried the Aguila 60g subs, they don't work with the micro grove rifling and short barrel, even key holeing. CCIs cycle well but accuracy was not there, thanks for the kind offer though.
    An early years Model 2 if in good nick - my opinion (many will disagree) don't cut it or thead it. The slip over suppressors are made in a version that fits the BRNO. They are also one of the most effective around, just sorta ugly.

i have never known a 22 that didnt like cci. i get better groupings from both my 10/22's and my blr22 than anything other mainstream ammo.
    308 and Attila like this.

The Eley ammo, accuracy is good, doesn't cycle the Marlin semi. Prefer bolt action anyways.
    Steelisreal likes this.

I have a mk 1 brno with a Craft's can on it as I didn't want to chop the barrel. Works well and you leave your front sight on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Localman View Post
    I have a mk 1 brno with a Craft's can on it as I didn't want to chop the barrel. Works well and you leave your front sight on as well.
    Think I will go that way! Wouldn't mind another magazine as mine has been glued & fixed it now only takes 4 rounds, believe the JW15 Norinco mags fit, unless anyone here has one to sell?

Thanks Phil, but just ordered couple of bricks of the Eley stuff, so should be right for next year or 2
    Phil_H likes this.

I still use Winchester Subs even though they have changed from a cardboard package to a crappy acyrilic plastic box. Why? no idea..

Found they dont always recycle so well in Semiautos but have gone back to jus
    t bolt actions anyway. They are consistent in my bolt action which I like.

I found the new heavy Winchester 22 subs would fail to cycle my 1022. 2 or 3 every 10 shots
    Only ammo to ever do that including crap norinco ammo