Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Neckshot
  • 1 Post By Neckshot
  • 1 Post By Neckshot
  • 1 Post By Neckshot

Thread: Cheers Happy

Banned

Cheers Happy

Im sure you posted up a pic of your little 22 plinker you use, so I had smoko at the factory today and knocked these three 22 target's up with shit lying in the scrap bin. I drilled two 5mm hole's on the bottem to bang some fence staples in when I mount them on top of fence posts.Im just using 3mm flat ill know tomorrow if that's thick enough Cant wait to have a shot at them.......they will probably fall off lol.
    Name:  IMG_20131119_172358 (480x640).jpg
Views: 223
Size:  156.9 KB

Looks mint
    VIVA LA HOWA

Hi Jasen,
    I use 10mm mild steel for my 22LR targets (from 5m to 200m). It works really well - lighter targets would make hits at 200m a bit easier to spot but my 10mm ram silhouette is ok. I'll be interested to see how 3mm holds up.

If small enough it should just swing out of the way but will dent up a bit. The bigger it is the more mass to move so dents more.
    3 or 4 mm hardox would be ideal for 22lr
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Mine is for .17hmr but it is nice and easy to check your zero. You ll enjoy them and it sure doesn't hurt all of your shooting I reckon it
    Makes you expect to hit stuff. Make a couple of real small ones so it's a challenge ha ha
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Nice. I'm just looking at designs to spike em into the ground.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Hi Jasen,
    I use 10mm mild steel for my 22LR targets (from 5m to 200m). It works really well - lighter targets would make hits at 200m a bit easier to spot but my 10mm ram silhouette is ok. I'll be interested to see how 3mm holds up.
    Yea I did think 3mm was a little light but having never really used the 22 for it wasn't to sure,the beuty of these Is I can swap them out and change there sizes quite easy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    If small enough it should just swing out of the way but will dent up a bit. The bigger it is the more mass to move so dents more.
    3 or 4 mm hardox would be ideal for 22lr
    Yea 50mmx80mm looks big but they will be out past 100 yards on diff fence posts,work in progress.Hummm??? hardox plate in 3 to 4mm aye

I know you can get it in 6mm, the sizes your after im sure your eng mate will have some worn bits or will if you ask him to keep some
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Yea 50mmx80mm looks big but they will be out past 100 yards on diff fence posts,work in progress.Hummm??? hardox plate in 3 to 4mm aye
    They ll be wicked at 100 who cares thats a dead bunny every shot . You only need to see them move to know you re on
    I m making some 50 mm discs for final shots sighting in out of 20 mm bis at the moment and in my opinion hit one at 200 or 300 or 400 who cares where it's a DOA. We are gonna hang them off posts all over my mates farm for uphill down hill and in between all over the place Only cos non reactive targets just do my head in !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I know you can get it in 6mm, the sizes your after im sure your eng mate will have some worn bits or will if you ask him to keep some
    yea I can get my hands on loads of thin stuff ,this was just what was in our scrap bin and at arms lengtill grab some tomorrow and bang some smaller ones together I think.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    They ll be wicked at 100 who cares thats a dead bunny every shot . You only need to see them move to know you re on
    I m making some 50 mm discs for final shots sighting in out of 20 mm bis at the moment and in my opinion hit one at 200 or 300 or 400 who cares where it's a DOA. We are gonna hang them off posts all over my mates farm for uphill down hill and in between all over the place Only cos non reactive targets just do my head in !!
    I think that three wont be enough as they will be on the mates farm so we will both be shooting them and he will do it when hes got nothing better to do
    Ive never really spent much time on my 22 other than the odd possum shoot so this will be a fun excersise that my two oldest boys will be having go aswell.
    Happy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    I think that three wont be enough as they will be on the mates farm so we will both be shooting them and he will do it when hes got nothing better to do
    Ive never really spent much time on my 22 other than the odd possum shoot so this will be a fun excersise that my two oldest boys will be having go aswell.
    Watch their faces when they hit one they ll love it ! Key is don't say don't hit the chain cos next shot will every time. Ask Maca ha ha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Watch their faces when they hit one they ll love it ! Key is don't say don't hit the chain cos next shot will every time. Ask Maca ha ha
    ha ha yea,its natural for your offspring to be better shots than there old man.......Dundee also knows this
    Happy likes this.

Cheeky bugger
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive