Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree32Likes
  • 11 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 1 Post By jakewire
  • 2 Post By Tommy
  • 7 Post By Gibo
  • 2 Post By jakewire
  • 1 Post By ebf
  • 1 Post By deepsouthaussie
  • 2 Post By tetawa
  • 2 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 2 Post By Tussock
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Custom Rails run being done By Waitaki Engineering

Custom Rails run being done By Waitaki Engineering

Hi All,

I was talking to Mark at Waitaki Engineering today and he let me know of their capacity and capability to produce customised milled Picatinny Rails for all the major receiver manufacturers at custom 1 MOA increments and in different action sizes too. Which is pretty damn cool and seems compared to others out there damn good $ value for money too!

At the Toby Shoot last year the guy next to me had a 40 MOA rail that allowed him to maximise the dial up on targets with his 7-08 (GUESS WHO) where the bottom of his scopes dial up was set to his 100m zero -and hey he shot pretty well with it..Just saying...

So this year in preparation I went looking for a 30 MOA rail for my 6.5 Creedmore and Sightron Stac combo - but found it really hard to get locally (until I uncovered this option) apart from EGW rails $185 -$200 dependent on retailer. Waitaki for my Remington 700 S/A is costing me I think $150.

Just thought I'd let you all know...Great effort from them, and really nice to support a great local product.

CD
    jakewire, mikee, shift14 and 8 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    He makes a very good job, done a couple of sako action ones and fixed a stuffed up nightforce one for me.
    Carpe Diem likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Bloody decent to deal with too
    Carpe Diem and Feral like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Yep I've got one and vouch for theiir customer service. Good quality too. After trying to mount my scope and get correct eye relief on my long action Savage I found I needed some material milled off the front of the rail so the scope would clear it. Sent it back all done and back at my door within the week. No problems!

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Yep I've got one and vouch for theiir customer service. Good quality too. After trying to mount my scope and get correct eye relief on my long action Savage I found I needed some material milled off the front of the rail so the scope would clear it. Sent it back all done and back at my door within the week. No problems!

I just milled some off mine with a hacksaw

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Me too, I do them all like that, just whack them off at receiver length then paint.
    Gibo and rewa like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Hi All,

I was talking to Mark at Waitaki Engineering today and he let me know of their capacity and capability to produce customised milled Picatinny Rails for all the major receiver manufacturers at custom 1 MOA increments and in different action sizes too. Which is pretty damn cool and seems compared to others out there damn good $ value for money too!

At the Toby Shoot last year the guy next to me had a 40 MOA rail that allowed him to maximise the dial up on targets with his 7-08 (GUESS WHO) where the bottom of his scopes dial up was set to his 100m zero -and hey he shot pretty well with it..Just saying...

So this year in preparation I went looking for a 30 MOA rail for my 6.5 Creedmore and Sightron Stac combo - but found it really hard to get locally (until I uncovered this option) apart from EGW rails $185 -$200 dependent on retailer. Waitaki for my Remington 700 S/A is costing me I think $150.

Just thought I'd let you all know...Great effort from them, and really nice to support a great local product.

CD
    He probably had another 20 MOA in his Z rings He hit 1700 the year before from memory using all the dial and holdover he had

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    No, no, no, that is never going to be prescice enough...

See, what you do is get a range of hammers with different weight heads. Then you pound the rail using different hammers, but exactly the same swing each time... If you get it right, you end up with a lovely taper...
    Gibo likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Bloody rough haha. Nah I probably wouldve done the same but I couldn't just look some of the end. . Just had to get a couple of the 'piccatinny' nub mounts thingos taken off as the receiver holes are right underneath. I would've made a mess with a hacksaw cutting on the same parralel as the rail...

Gibo likes this.

Didn't know of any other way.
    jakewire and Gibo like this.

Do you have email address for them?

waitaki_engineering@snap.net.nz but better to ring on the landline and Talk to Mark. Google Waitaki engineering for the number.
    Rich007 and dannyb like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

Banned
    The hilarity of the shear futility of looking for a canted rail in Oamaru. Your going to get weird looks.

Then you go around the corner and find a strange machine shop where high precision custom LR parts are made.

Pretty much like being lost in the Sahara and finding a McDonald's.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    PERRISCICABA and A330driver like this.

dannyb likes this.