Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Louie
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Fiocchi 7mm-08 - factory error?

Fiocchi 7mm-08 - factory error?

I've been trying to find a new factory ammo for my model 7 7mm08 since the sako game head is hard to find these days.

I bought a box of Fiocchi and it's either complete dogshit or my rifle is fussy, or so I thought. It's all i had at the time so I used it so sight in for some close range bush stalking, no animals seen but as i was unpacking my gear i came accros this chunk missing in the brass - has anyone seen anything like this before?

Name:  200006603_198968175562078_2211051393029820599_n.jpeg
Views: 330
Size:  46.4 KB
    Micky Duck likes this.

How did you find sako ammo on animals?

i have one box at the moment to see if my rifle likes before i make the switch. There is a shipment coming in august (on the cards)

That doesn't look good, but I'd say it would be fine for a close shot. You can forget about any sort precision from it though.
    Perhaps check that it's sitting in the neck firm, just in case.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post

i have one box at the moment to see if my rifle likes before i make the switch. There is a shipment coming in august (on the cards)
    Good luck finding any sako 7mm08 ammo
    Louie likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post

I'd hold it before you can secure more, Like @dannyb said good luck finding it after that box. Apparently the Finns don't shoot 7mm08 so its low on their production priority. Aside from that it's a great round that has done well on larger reds, goats and everything in between. $74 spent on a box of hornady today...

yes Ive seen it...china sport 7.62x39mm steel case fmj...the missing it on yours isnt as big as the bit that was folded inwards on ours....the pressure when it was fired and rolled back out with projectile must have been horrific....
    I reckon manufacturer will at least give you new box of ammunition if you take that back to place of purchase with box and receipt.....shocking quality control for that to get through.
    Mooseman and Louie like this.

I have a new Norma case like that, not a loaded round but one for reloading. You sometimes get the odd one slip through quality control I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    yes Ive seen it...china sport 7.62x39mm steel case fmj...the missing it on yours isnt as big as the bit that was folded inwards on ours....the pressure when it was fired and rolled back out with projectile must have been horrific....
    I reckon manufacturer will at least give you new box of ammunition if you take that back to place of purchase with box and receipt.....shocking quality control for that to get through.
    Had the same in a packet of 50 Winchester 6.5x55 brass a while back, had a crease down the neck and into the shoulder, there were two in that pack.