Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Trout
  • 3 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Help! Anyone with a spot to shoot in South Auckland/North Waikato??

Help! Anyone with a spot to shoot in South Auckland/North Waikato??

Hi everyone. I know it's a question asked a lot, but I'm on the hunt for a spot to shoot. Living in Papakura, I do have a lot of rural land near me, but the door knocks on properties (even those with rabbit infestations) haven't been successful.

Mainly looking for somewhere to practice with my .22. Being able to shoot magnum rimfire, or centrefire/shotgun would be an absolute dream, but not too fussed on that. Happy to pay for access, with cash/beers/pest control etc. Many thanks in advance, PM me if you can potentially help out!

Drive down my way, youd wear your 22mag out shooting rabbits.

keep knocking on those doors.......radio blaring and ripping up driveway at wrong hours of day then piling out of car looking like rambo wont help....
    polite request ,be prepared for a no,and accept it with grace,dress tidy. drive slowly,arrive at time of day not likely to be a pain in the arse and you may get foot in door. Ive always been to chicken to to it,keep at it and it will happen.... the run down property might be just the one that lets you in... try them all.
    Ranger 888, Jamesyd and Billbob like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

With all the shootings going on that way, I guess it's understandable ppl may be wary.
    Maybe a couple of letters from ppl who's sections you've shot on before would help. It's a big ask of a stranger to run rampent around a section with a gun, or be shooting around stock areas when they don't know you.
    Treat it like a job interview with refrances, referees, and some glowing recommendations as to your ability to get pest numbers down.
    Once ya foots in the door word of mouth will take over. Just keep trying it will only take one yes to start turning things around.

MB
    Check out HuntingHQ. I've heard mixed things about it, so be careful. It's a bit sad when we have to pay to do pest control, but it is what it is. Having lost my two rabbit shoots recently and parenting a 7 year old boy who loves rabbit/turkey hunting, I'm tempted to go down this route before he loses interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Check out HuntingHQ. I've heard mixed things about it, so be careful. It's a bit sad when we have to pay to do pest control, but it is what it is. Having lost my two rabbit shoots recently and parenting a 7 year old boy who loves rabbit/turkey hunting, I'm tempted to go down this route before he loses interest.
    Never heard of HunterHQ, interesting. the way things are going...