Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Robojaz
  • 5 Post By superdiver
  • 1 Post By superdiver
  • 2 Post By Nick-D
  • 1 Post By Dorkus
  • 2 Post By cameronjackwhite
  • 3 Post By GWH

Thread: Help with speeds!

Help with speeds!

Mates chrony has shit itself. Does anyone have quickload that can run my load through and give me an idea of speeds incase I cannot get out to verify drops before I head south this week. Don't need to be exact just need some direction and will mean I am limiting my distance.
    Regards

Pm me the load details and I will run it tonight.
    superdiver likes this.

Any chance of shooting verification, 100,300,600 should do it but more point are better. Way better than predictions in my opinion.
    If you are computery set up an excel spread sheet, plot distance and drop from a fixed aim point to get a curve that runs past the last data point. You dont need to know speed or bc of the projectile with this but you can calculate them from that data if you want.
    I find it interesting to do this because there is always a difference between my measured results and strelok at the longer ranges.

Waiting to see what Robojaz comes back with but managed to get to my mates today. Guessed a starting speed of around 2700fps after reading through forums and then had a crack at the 800m target the boys were shooting hitting 4 out of the 6 attempt with the first 2 walking onto the target and verifying speeds. Worked out to be 2760~ with the 162eldms so using that speed shot a closer target @ 530yds and then went out to 1000m to watch the boys crack out the big guns but they convinced me to have a crack at it. Got a few impacts including 2 nice and close together but had to bail as ran out of rounds and wind was getting up too much. Here is a pic of the 1000m.(bottom left was the 300wm and top right was the 280ai so you can see why I walked away smiling)
    Name:  IMG_20190330_141051.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  5.29 MB
    veitnamcam, gadgetman, GWH and 2 others like this.

2760 in a short barrel is damn respectable Haha what powder you running? I'm only getting 2820 from my 22 inch barrel with 2209. Good to see it shooting though, perseverance paying off, big time

53.5gr of 2209 but seated the pills right out to the lands. Coal is like 3.22". I was expecting 2700~ but worked out that was a bit slow when we shot it. Robojaz had a look on quickload and it only came back at 2610~ which is alot slower than what we discovered with the verification. Think I need to borrow a chrony...
    R93 likes this.

Yeah I'm at 2750 out of a 19 inch barrel without pushing too hard. Plenty of grunt.
    GWH and superdiver like this.

Have to say I was a bit suprised too, when Quickload spat out 2610ft/s. I ran it several times and got the same answer. Perhaps I need to purchase the update .

Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Borrow my chrony any time you need John. It's just a cheapy but does the trick.
    superdiver likes this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

We are quite lucky in the bay with a 400 yard range, really helps with matching real world data and strelok up. Go the 284s
    GWH and superdiver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    Have to say I was a bit suprised too, when Quickload spat out 2610ft/s. I ran it several times and got the same answer. Perhaps I need to purchase the update .

Sorry I couldn't help any more.
    Nah I really appreciate the help mate

GWH
    You don't really need the chrony now John. You've done it the better way.

Chrony can be good for helping with load development but you've gone about the validation the right way. Best guess of velocity to get you started and data entered into the app, then record actual drop data at various ranges out to beyond your normal hunting distances.

Then just set your app up so that it gives you the solutions to match what you had to dial in practice and you are done.

You cannot do it any better than that.
    BRADS, superdiver and winaa like this.

Aye, you should be smiling with that result. Glad to see you're 284 up & running and delivering sweet performance.