Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hihitahi Challenge 2014

Hihitahi Challenge 2014

The Hihitahi Challenge Event will run for the first time in March 2014. This event is not just a shooting competition. It also invovles hiking, some basic navigation, observation, distance judging and some plant identification. All skills used by hunters while out in the bush.

There will be a limited number of entries availible. Entries will open up in the new year.

Shooting will be at targets between 20m and 350m. Some movement stages will be timed but it is not a race as such. Hunting is not about running fast and so the timed movements are only a very small proportion of the overall score. No one activity will make up the bulk of the overall score.

A complete set of entry conditions will be made availible once we have finished writing it!

Lunch will be provided while competitiors are on the course. We are really excited with this event. It should be a lot of fun. We are also looking for sponsored prizes for the day as well.

Looks good gillie.i am sure there will be a few keen from round here!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

You say that before you find out how far you will have to walk!

Sounds like Malcolm is going to try and make it to your shoot on November 10th. We were hoping to talk to you guys about this event then or at your shoot in December.

Surely you must need the trusty saftey vehucle again!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Of course, but the people riding in that won't be competitors! It is a whole different event than what we normally run down your way.

Banned
    Sounds like a goer!!!.ill get jeff to orginize a relief milker

Planning has progressed a bit for this event. We have approached a bunch of potential prize sponsors and have got a great response from them. I'll be finishing the entry conditions in the next week or so and at that stage i will start taking entries.

It has been recommended that for this event competitors should have to pre-pay their entry fee... i have always thought doing this was more hassle for the competitors but maybe given the set up required for this event it might be a good idea. We shall see.

OK finally we have a full set of entry conditions written for this event. Entries are now being taken and the entries are already coming in. We have been very well supported by several sponsors and so we will have several prizes for competitors on the day. If you want to come along then email me or fire me a PM.

I am not aware of another event like this one in NZ. It is going to be a lot of fun!

Talked to Simon today, the track would take an 1 hour if you didn't stop and this is by a female

Awesome. hope all goes well and becomes an annual event

I think @mikee could crack this if VC pushed him up a hill like he did

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Awesome. hope all goes well and becomes an annual event

I think @mikee could crack this if VC pushed him up a hill like he did
    Yes but I think its in the north island. Not keen on the overseas travel bit.....................
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by kawekakid View Post
    Talked to Simon today, the track would take an 1 hour if you didn't stop and this is by a female
    Probably I should clarify this a little... It takes the land owner about an hour to walk to the halfway point on the course. At the halfway point we will be enforcing a mandatory stop for competitors and offering them a feed.

I have recieved a little bit of feed back from people looking at the course details:
    • 10km course is too long - there is one hill that will take you less than 30 minutes to climb, the rest of the course is flat or down hill.
    • I not confident with a compass - that is fine just means you might not score well on the compass stages. Not all the navigation questions will involve the use of a compass though.
    • I don't know my native trees - Do you know what bush lawyer is? Most of the tree ID is not too tricky. Some of it is more so.
    • I am not good a judging distance - given the size of the targets if you turn up with a 200m zero and aim straight at them you will hit the majority of the targets assuming you are not shooting a 22LR.
    The course is more about having fun and getting out than it is about serious competition - much like hunting
    Neckshot likes this.

And of course entry spots are still availible

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Just heard about this from Andy "the animal", sounds like a good day out. I should be able to make it, Will give ya a holla later Gillie
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Cheers, Philipo. It should be a good day we are certainly looking forward to it.