Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stager BLK Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Holy sh*t 3815 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    I actually dont think its that impressive. Anyone can 'walk' a bullet in to target.

They never do first round hits like we normally have to when hunting.

While doing some more testing with the Delta Stryker HD today, i got a first round hit right on the bull at 1,022 yards with a 75gr eldm from my bone stock 223 T3 Superlight, first time ive shot it beyond 500 yards too.
    Far cry from 3 kms
    BRADS likes this.

I actually dont think its that impressive. Anyone can 'walk' a bullet in to target.

While doing some more testing with the Delta Stryker HD today, i got a first round hit right on the bull at 1,022 yards with a 75gr eldm from my bone stock 223 T3 Superlight, first time ive shot it beyond 500 yards too.
    You would of been as surprised as me to hear a ting!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I don't think that's true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzXcAAh08g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcdTwmeAxw

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Yes I am sure. It is a FTR rig, so I have a well documented 1000 yds dope

30 inch barrel, 185 Berger Juggernaut (0.283 G7) doing 2720 at muzzle. 82.9 inches drop @ 1000 yds = 2105.66mm

And @McNotty if you watch more of their videos you will see several of the ways people get around the dial limitations. Pretty much 2 options : custom adjustable rails (Cold Shot LLC MOAB/MRAB) or prism/mirror setups (TACOM HQ Charlie TARAC).
    @ebf Can I see your DOPE showing 82.9 inches drop at 1000 yards? That would only get me to 620 yards

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    @ebf Can I see your DOPE showing 82.9 inches drop at 1000 yards? That would only get me to 620 yards
    @McNotty, finally figured out what I did here Yes, I am a doofus

I looked at the wrong column. The 82.9 inches was for drift, not drop.

Drop is 345 inches for the 185 Jug, so more than your 300WSM. So 8.7m for me.
    Last edited by ebf; 19-08-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

MSL
    Was just about to say, I shoot a 7mm 180 Berger hybrid, .335 g7 at 3210fps. At 1000yd itís dropping 198in/5m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha shit I was racking my brain, bloody sure I wasn't dreaming.
    ebf likes this.

That's why those shots blow my mind, the bullet is hundreds of metres in the air before it comes down. Imagine the difference in wind up that high.

ebf
    Yup, even when you are shooting on a "flat" fullbore range the trajectory is quite high.

When you start shooting over canyons etc, the flight-path could be WAY above the ground.

Kinda puts calculations for long range artillery (40km plus) and missiles into perspective...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    One of these baby's, they are pretty cool as actually have handled and looked through it.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LythUXARCfYTeS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Mr Charlie Tarac was rather unhappy with Marks latest little reveal of this system on their channel. His comment below on the video

tacomHQ
    3 days ago (edited)
    A few points :
    1) We NEVER said it we could not create a wedge for larger MOA. The issue was the very first orders we received from mil people was 30, 50 and 70mil. Private orders quickly went beyond 100mil immeditaely. Last time I checked the math: 70mil is a bit beyond 100moa. Prisms will be harder to produce and meet those big numbers as the number increases. That is a fact. The cost of the glass and precision requirements become pretty stupid expensive- that is a fact. We chose to jump the prism method.
    The fact is only 20% or so of the units we have sold to date are 100moa or less.
    2) We have a whole series of enhanced prisms on their way - including several sizes that do attach to the scope or rail. Plus whatever angle you want. Yes they are lighter.
    3) Our Charlie Micro - is a few ounces heavier than the NF unit- 30% less cost and is still technically adjustable way past 200moa. Scope or rail mount.
    4) NF is not original by any means in this product. We gave them PRISM units 3+yrs ago. They obtained Charlie units. We did NDA's. They chose not to work with us.
    5) You don't describe any down sides of the NF- alignment is much more critical than our unit. MIrage... your still on the barrel.
    6) We are now much more careful who we hand free units out too...