Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Neckshot
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam

Thread: ISSF 10 Metre Running Target

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar

ISSF 10 Metre Running Target

I used to shoot this a dozen years ago. It's the scaled down version of Running Boar that a few DA branches still have going. It was pulled from the Olympics after the 2008 games, in favour of some crowd-pleaser like tiddlywinks or some bloody bollox. I just heard today from an Aussie mate that the 10MRT powers that be are trying to get it back into the Olympics. They havent much chance unless they can engage every region. We used to go up against the Aussies for the single Oceania region olympic quota place in this discipline. We used to be pretty active, about 4 of us shot regularly. Back in 1999, we had the US, Columbian, Czech Republic, Finland, German and Aussie teams come here and shoot with us at our Nationals. It's still very strong in the EU, but us and the US and the Aussies have pretty much dropped out. Our old ranges were pulled out of the Shooting Federation at ardmore so i don't really know how we would revitalise the discipline. Here's some recent footage of Mike Jakosits, one of our visitors in '99, he won the Olympic gold at Barcelona in '92. He only shoots a couple times a year now. Check out the consistent 10's...

Michael Jakosits In Plzen - 13 jan - 2012 - 10m Running Target - YouTube

The shooter behind the screen is doing dry-runs, he's next to shoot the match. The target runs alternately from right and left across a 2 metre gap in 5 seconds for slow runs and 2.5 seconds for fast runs. You can't mount the air rifle until you see the target, 30 slow and 30 fast is a match, so you're score is out of 600. 560+ is competitive, the top guys are usually doing high 580's. Scope is usually a twin post Nikel or Gerhardt that you can build in the lead with, max 4x.

If anyone is particularly interested, PM me.

Ray.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    I used to shoot this a dozen years ago. It's the scaled down version of Running Boar that a few DA branches still have going. It was pulled from the Olympics after the 2008 games, in favour of some crowd-pleaser like tiddlywinks or some bloody bollox. I just heard today from an Aussie mate that the 10MRT powers that be are trying to get it back into the Olympics. They havent much chance unless they can engage every region. We used to go up against the Aussies for the single Oceania region olympic quota place in this discipline. We used to be pretty active, about 4 of us shot regularly. Back in 1999, we had the US, Columbian, Czech Republic, Finland, German and Aussie teams come here and shoot with us at our Nationals. It's still very strong in the EU, but us and the US and the Aussies have pretty much dropped out. Our old ranges were pulled out of the Shooting Federation at ardmore so i don't really know how we would revitalise the discipline. Here's some recent footage of Mike Jakosits, one of our visitors in '99, he won the Olympic gold at Barcelona in '92. He only shoots a couple times a year now. Check out the consistent 10's...

Michael Jakosits In Plzen - 13 jan - 2012 - 10m Running Target - YouTube

The shooter behind the screen is doing dry-runs, he's next to shoot the match. The target runs alternately from right and left across a 2 metre gap in 5 seconds for slow runs and 2.5 seconds for fast runs. You can't mount the air rifle until you see the target, 30 slow and 30 fast is a match, so you're score is out of 600. 560+ is competitive, the top guys are usually doing high 580's. Scope is usually a twin post Nikel or Gerhardt that you can build in the lead with, max 4x.

If anyone is particularly interested, PM me.

Ray.
    We still do it once or twice a month Ray,Vince Gary and myself.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

What/whose range are you using? Is it one from Ardmore?

Banned
    Just in our small bore club its not an elaborate setup mate just a throw together when range isn't in use.
    the next time your close to here pop in and school us.I can keep up with Vince but would love a bit of expurt advice!.

Mate, you guys would prob clean me up! Ain't shot it for at least 6 years. Might have to crank up my old range downstairs... Nah, we need young people shooting it. I was the junior on the NZ team at age 40, already way too old.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Mate, you guys would prob clean me up! Ain't shot it for at least 6 years. Might have to crank up my old range downstairs... Nah, we need young people shooting it. I was the junior on the NZ team at age 40, already way too old.
    So is 36 to old then,yea its great fun though.
    ishoot10s likes this.

While Im not disputing the skill involved or that it would be fun and challenging to shoot.
    BLOODY HELL THAT'S A BORING VID !
    BRADS and thomas like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    While Im not disputing the skill involved or that it would be fun and challenging to shoot.
    Someone tried to talk me into once.....I wanted two use the 12g

Yeah, possibly why tiddlywinks won out at the big games. The 10 shot finals are a tad more exciting because you shoot off in pairs, both targets run together, you both wait to hear each others score, the pressure comes on before the next shot. In a 40 shot mixed match, the machine runs random slow and fast runs which adds to the challenge. Fast runs sort the men from the boys

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Someone tried to talk me into once.....I wanted two use the 12g
    There is a version of Running Boar in the EU shot at 35m with 12 gauge slugs.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Surely they could have had a better camera angle so you could see what that dude was shooting at.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yea, need rifle cam head cam target cam shooter cam all goin at once to make it interesting.
    Otherwise its a guy standing there with a rifle.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Try some of the other vids for diff angles and target speeds, there's a few there. There's one with a Chinese girl shooting they are bloody good. Ling Yang won the men's gold in Atlanta and Sydney, would have probably got a hat trick but missed going to Athens as he twisted an ankle playing badminton with some mates...

Banned
    its funner doing it for sure.

Vince showed me the running boar on you tube they shot at but theres so many there I can't find it,ask him Neckers at least the boar was seen. But yeah that would be fun if you weren't videoing
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive