Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NewbieZAR
  • 1 Post By Trout

Thread: Mossberg 100 ATR

Mossberg 100 ATR

Anyone have experience of a Mossberg 100 ATR with overbarrel suppressor? My new .243 seems to be picky about some factory ammo.

Walking my rifle
    Ive had a few mossberg rifles, and still have 1.
    What stock have you got, and is it the one with the LBA trigger (little safety lever in the trigger)

Some early ones had issues thats why im asking.

Never shot factory ammo in any of mine, but they were and are bloody accurate.

Early ones were made by maverick in mexico and had lots of issues, once they moved to USA it mostly got the problems sorted.
    Ranger 888 likes this.

Had a 308 mozzy atr ,put a few 1000rds thru it.Mainly barnual 147gr.But if you wanted accurate shooting pass 250yds.Id always use Hornady ssts 165gr.Shot my 1st deer over the 400 yds with it.Dropped on the spot.
    Good reliable rifle for $800 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Had a 308 mozzy atr ,put a few 1000rds thru it.Mainly barnual 147gr.But if you wanted accurate shooting pass 250yds.Id always use Hornady ssts 165gr.Shot my 1st deer over the 400 yds with it.Dropped on the spot.
    Good reliable rifle for $800 bucks.
    This old Mossy is still going, shooting hand loads consistent enough to keep the freezer full

My .243 ATR is pretty average. Shoots 1.25 MOA with Power Shoks. I’ve been trying to get Targex handloads shooting better, but haven’t had much joy yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Barrel View Post
    This old Mossy is still going, shooting hand loads consistent enough to keep the freezer full
    Ya kidding me,so you brought it.Lols .That mozzy has done some miles and rds.Has yr boy shot anything with it yet?Iv always used Hornady,one good day I put 5 shots in a match box at 300yds.Shot a deer at 437yds with it.Keep enjoying it BB.

Quote Originally Posted by mopheadrob View Post
    My .243 ATR is pretty average. Shoots 1.25 MOA with Power Shoks. I’ve been trying to get Targex handloads shooting better, but haven’t had much joy yet
    Try a packet of Hornady ssts.Just fire 2 or 3 quick shots and let barrel cool right down.
    mopheadrob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Ya kidding me,so you brought it.Lols .That mozzy has done some miles and rds.Has yr boy shot anything with it yet?Iv always used Hornady,one good day I put 5 shots in a match box at 300yds.Shot a deer at 437yds with it.Keep enjoying it BB.
    My boy is always keen, just gotta get in the right place right time for that easier shot... not on the run, in the middle of a swamp, howling NW wind or too dark