Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Nelson Members I HOPE THIS IS NONE OF YOU

  1. #1
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,883

    Nelson Members I HOPE THIS IS NONE OF YOU

    This should really be in the "things I hate thread"

    if you use the Cable Bay Rifle Range, THE LAND OWNERS GOATS ARE NOT FUCKEN THERE AS LIVE Targets for YOU to shoot

    Been shooting this morning and found a dead goat in the scrub beside the 200 Targets, had been shot.in the arse end

    Spoke with the owner and he told me he had to go put another one down on Friday which had the jaw shot off.

    I really hope this is none of the members on here as we are lucky to have a range like this to use where you can also shoot to 600m and also have steel plates supplied to shoot at. Especially given all the rubbish, shot up bottles etc left behind by users
    This is the second time this has happened, I would guess its the same people. Gives us responsible shooters all a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you know who is responsible for the dead goats then I am sure the landowner would like to know.

    If you read this and are the person responsible then man up and own up to the landowner and take your medicine
    veitnamcam and Mathias like this.

  2. #2
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    14,219
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    This should really be in the "things I hate thread"

    if you use the Cable Bay Rifle Range, THE LAND OWNERS GOATS ARE NOT FUCKEN THERE AS LIVE Targets for YOU to shoot

    Been shooting this morning and found a dead goat in the scrub beside the 200 Targets, had been shot.in the arse end

    Spoke with the owner and he told me he had to go put another one down on Friday which had the jaw shot off.

    I really hope this is none of the members on here as we are lucky to have a range like this to use where you can also shoot to 600m and also have steel plates supplied to shoot at. Especially given all the rubbish, shot up bottles etc left behind by users
    This is the second time this has happened, I would guess its the same people. Gives us responsible shooters all a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you know who is responsible for the dead goats then I am sure the landowner would like to know.

    If you read this and are the person responsible then man up and own up to the landowner and take your medicine
    Hope the friggen media doesn't get hold of it.
    Just a dickhead move.
    Does the range not have a attendance book or is it just open to anyone?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  3. #3
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Hope the friggen media doesn't get hold of it.
    Just a dickhead move.
    Does the range not have a attendance book or is it just open to anyone?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

    you have too book although its quite relaxed and I suspect the owner as a fair Idea of who was there that day but proving the exactly who may be more difficult.

  4. #4
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    14,219
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    you have too book although its quite relaxed and I suspect the owner as a fair Idea of who was there that day but proving the exactly who may be more difficult.
    Bugger. We have similar issues at our range even having a book so was curious.

    Dick heads shot up thousands of dollars worth of plates with rifles, leaving rubbish everywhere etc.

    We setup cameras now. Not good for much but if only identifying culprits maybe it can be sorted.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Paraparumu Beach
    Posts
    78
    This is poor style.
    Thanks for speaking up - hope you get the culprit.

    This person surely does not realize what a privilage it is to have access to a shooting range - once lost.......
    Steve123, ZQLewis, xtightg and 1 others like this.

  6. #6
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,136
    AGAIN !!
    I will ask around as a young guy at work is pretty sure he knows the culprit from the first time. But, of course, it is only word f mouth so hard to take it further
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tokoroa
    Posts
    798
    All ranges have the same problem there are drop-kicks at every one, I wonder what is between their ears it certainly is not brains
    They need to be weeded out before they injure people.

  8. #8
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    4,957
    We had some dickhead shoot up a safety zone sign ffs.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Paengaroa, Te Puke
    Posts
    1,886
    They don't deserve the privilege of being allowed to shoot there, idiots like this don't care as if they lose the acces they will just shoot up road signs or whatever else they shouldn't be shooting, hope you get the idiot before he or they ruin it for others.
    Jaco Goosen likes this.

  10. #10
    PJC
    PJC is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    59
    What a fuckwit. The club range I shoot at is there from the good graces of the farmer. He is not connected to the club so it is very generous of him to allow the club to operate there. So only shooting on club days with a range officer, and the club members are quite protective of the range.

  11. #11
    Member chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Silverdale
    Posts
    2,039
    Clearly not a fit and proper person
    Moa Hunter and terryf like this.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,759
    Put up a sign at the local gunshops as well ?
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.

  13. #13
    Member sneeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    nelson/marlborough
    Posts
    2,659
    This message obviously isn't getting through. Just had to put down a goat that had been shot through the jaw with a .22 id guess. Guys at the quarry had been trying to catch up with it for a couple of days.
    Idiots like this will probably get to keep their guns though.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

  14. #14
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,136
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  15. #15
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    19,535
    Time for some cameras up there....small outlay compared to what the range would turn over and the cunts need caught.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. @ Nelson/Tasman members
    By kukuwai in forum Off topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-08-2018, 07:56 AM
  2. nelson members mainly
    By screamO in forum Off topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 05:52 PM
  3. Nelson members?
    By puku in forum Off topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-06-2016, 06:21 PM
  4. For all our Nelson Members
    By mikee in forum Off topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-12-2015, 10:33 PM
  5. Question for the Nelson members
    By Ground Control in forum Off topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 08:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!