Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Norinco 7.62x39

Norinco 7.62x39

Anyone know if we still get Norinco 7.62x39mm ammo here in NZ and if not why?. It was cheap a bit dirty but reliable.

Seems any cheap 7.62 x 39 is hard to come by.
    No one seems to stock Barnual any more either.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Russianz for Barnaul

Aoraki Ammo for Romanian military surplus 1320 rds for $499

Has the scarcity to do with western sanctions against Russia?
    Dublin likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Has the scarcity to do with western sanctions against Russia?
    Well Norinco is Chinese ammo, there was something political back when the AK`s and SKS`s were stopped if I remember correctly and the cases of ammo seemed to disappear. There used to be ex military Chinese ammo in tins as well at about 14 cents a shot while the Norinco was $25 per 100 rds...….. Yes I`m showing my age, but now I`m getting low on the Norinco stuff.

I have had trouble obtaining Katod Gen3 night vision tubes because they are Russian made and the sanctions have caused issues. My supplier tells me the high spec ones they can source but the mid range stuff is sporadic.

Last time I was in Kelly Country (Brightwater near Nelson) they had a stack of Barnaul 7.62x39

Yeah I remember those wooden crates of Chinese 7.62 steel FMJ $200 for 1440 rounds.
    Norinco yellow box .223 brass case FMJ was a good round with 5.56 performance but don't see it anymore either.
    NZ obviously has a good trade relationship with China...why wouldn't we get their ammo?

All a bit dumb really. This Govt. got pushed into sanctions by the Brits (though to give them credit, they initially refused)...and the whole world knows that Putin wouldnt leave an obvious calling-card.. to quote the man himself; "If it was our Novichock, they'd both be dead instantly". Russian tractor-parts are problematic also... I think they're all just pissed, because Russia has produced a cool retro electric-car---that also goes further than all theirs, and would be cheaper...and I'm sure you could get a boot-load of 7.62x39 thrown-in if we made it clear ,that it was the deal-breaker....I'll ph Jacinda and see if she can hook it up..
    Steve123 and WallyR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    There is no reason Norinco can't be imported....the Canadians still seem to have a plentiful supply of Norinco products,including their ammunition.But for some reason we only get their guns...and not the ammo.Russian ammo can't make it here because it has to pass through ports controlled by EU countries,who are enforcing these sanctions against Russia.....its all a bit ridiculous and pointless and will only hurt the wrong people but try telling that to the bureaucrats who make this stuff up.Its like arguing with a rock....except the rock has more intelligence.....
    My point exactly, we have the Norinco guns coming in but not the Ammo. Perhaps someone from say Gun City could explain the situation.

Less to do with sanctions and more to do with Russian and Chinese ammunition and other assorted munitions being sent to the Middle East instead.
    Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Less to do with sanctions and more to do with Russian and Chinese ammunition and other assorted munitions being sent to the Middle East instead.
    Also 7.92x39 it seems.

Chased up the issue this week with Guncity and double checked it with an importer. Confirmed its entirely the sanctions on Russia at present, its happened before and they eventually loosen up. Sooner it happens the better!

Barnaul .223 62gr ammo is the business, really accurate during my use. Will miss that when it runs out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Chased up the issue this week with Guncity and double checked it with an importer. Confirmed its entirely the sanctions on Russia at present, its happened before and they eventually loosen up. Sooner it happens the better!
    LoL, because the sanctions have been so effective. Refer pages 18, 19, 20:

http://www.conflictarm.com/download-...8&file_id=2574

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    LoL, because the sanctions have been so effective. Refer pages 18, 19, 20:

http://www.conflictarm.com/download-...8&file_id=2574
    Russian made guns and ammo are commonly found in the hands of ISIL in Syria, as Syria and Russia/Soviets have been allies for years.
    john m likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Russian made guns and ammo are commonly found in the hands of ISIL in Syria, as Syria and Russia/Soviets have been allies for years.
    You're missing the point.

Funny how no one wants to slap an embargo on the Chinese
    rewa likes this.