Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Owning one of these would be plain awsome!

Custom AR10 Rifles Accuracy Systems Gunsmith Gunsmithing AR 10

Gotta admit for the $$$ its pretty tempting..... theres another company that does 300wm versions too!

Nice. Pretty impressive accuracy guarantees they're giving too- that's reassuring.

I've been thinking lately that 6.5 Creedmore in an AR10 would make for a mean semi-auto varmint setup.

-Do you think you'd have trouble getting one out of the states these days?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nice. Pretty impressive accuracy guarantees they're giving too- that's reassuring.

I've been thinking lately that 6.5 Creedmore in an AR10 would make for a mean semi-auto varmint setup.

-Do you think you'd have trouble getting one out of the states these days?
    As Have i actually!

well theres only one way to find out:try.... being that theres no flash hider/e-cat/restricted parts on them i Don't see why not... just gotta be carefull of the US state dept mainly... if not just buy it in like buy a lower here and buy the upper from them type deal....

should we try?

One in 284win would be on my list. Awesome.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Ya know I just dont get what all the scuffuffle is with with ar10s ...

James - If you decide to go ahead with that idea let me know and I will see if GAP will do us a deal on a couple of GAP-10's cause I want one too.

EDIT - I just clicked on that link and godamn those rifles are nasty ugly and massively overpriced for what they are. These are where it's at:

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precis...n-gap-10-.html

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Ya know I just dont get what all the scuffuffle is with with ar10s ...
    Yeah, I used to feel the same way about AR15s (and semi's in general...with the exception of 12 gauge). I guess for me it's just something new. I've been down the precision bolt-action path, and will always love/have them- but there's something appealing about a semi as a new toy- something different for plinking/targets/bunnies/MOBS OF GOATS

In terms of AR10 vs. AR15 I'm simply interested in being able to run longer-action calibers for their improved ballistic/terminal performance.

Edit: Digit/NZAR15 posting re: the possibility of AR15s in 300 Blackout have my interest too though- mainly for the ability to run heavy pills subsonic through a suppressor. (So the zombies can't hear me shooting at them of course).
    Last edited by James; 19-06-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: To add last line.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    James - If you decide to go ahead with that idea let me know and I will see if GAP will do us a deal on a couple of GAP-10's cause I want one too.

EDIT - I just clicked on that link and godamn those rifles are nasty ugly and massively overpriced for what they are. These are where it's at:

G.A. Precision GAP-10
    Proudkiwi, It will now be your fault when my bank acct suffers a haemorrhage

Hadn't looked at GAP's website for a long time. Didn't even realise they made ARs. (could be explained by the AR having a big "new" tag on it).
    -They certainly look the business, and if they're buit to the same quality as GAP's other rifles they'd be hard to beat. Couldn't see an accuracy guarantee though- do you think they have one?

I'll certainly be interested later in the year Proudkiwi, will keep in touch.

As Am I, if we all keep in touch and get some $$$ put aside, from there we can get permits sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    One in 284win would be on my list. Awesome.
    .284win would be great too. In fact it would prob be my first choice at the moment- I only wonder if an AR10 would have a long enough action/mag to seat the bullets out far enough to be worthwhile. -Hopefully someone will know??
    As .284win is one of those calibers that ideally needs a "medium" length action. By that I mean: Short action doesn't give enough length to take advantage of the extra powder capacity (due to seating projectiles deep), and long action is more length than is needed. If a .284win is cramped by a short action, I would think you may as well just have a 7-08. (IMHO).

You might struggle to find a decent AR platform to handle a .284 but I'm only a rookie when it comes to black guns so I'm probably wrong.

In saying that run the numbers on the 6mm Creedmoor (as a varminter of course) using 105 A-max/Berger or the 115 Dtac's. They look pretty good to me

And yes, the GAP10's come with a 3/4 MOA guarantee. Although they say in their accuracy guarantee blurb that they usually shoot better than that.

Why not just get a Rock River???

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Why not just get a Rock River???
    I hear you Beavis. Had browsed them too. Look solid, and def a bit cheaper. But at the moment they don't seem to offer 6.5s, their accuracy guarantee (1MOA on .308s) isn't quite as good (0.75MOA from GAP), and my research has lead me to believe that they are not quite in the same league as the GAPs. -certainly the GAPs have had A LOT of great reviews/reports in the states.

Fair enough. Their accuracy ratings are usually pretty conservative. My .223 carbine is rated at 1MOA, I can get 5 shot groups doing almost .6MOA, I need to try some decent projectiles as I reckon I could crack .5MOA with it. I just haven't had a need to.

300 AAC Blackout? Similar to 7.62x39

300 AAC BLACKOUT (300BLK)