Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cordite

Thread: Place to Sight in- Dunedin?

Place to Sight in- Dunedin?

Hey does anyone have a heads up on where I could Sight in my Rifle in the Dunedin area?

Rifle ranges? a patch of Doc perhaps?

Thanks

Hi @Rees
    For just sighting in in Dunedin, the Leith Valley Rifle Range run by NZDA is most convenient.
    Open 1pm - 4pm Saturdays, look at their facebook page for cancellations.
    $10 fee for non members, $5 for NZDA members.
    They have 25m, 50m and 100m target boards, use whichever you want. Bring own drawing pins. They'll supply you with A4 targets, or you can print and bring your own.

There is a black powder range towards Blueskin bay area, but no modern bottle neck cartridges allowed. Sunday mornings.

Alternately, Bruce Rifle Club, in Milton, range down same road you turn onto from SH1 if you are visiting the Otago Corrections Facility, they shoot some Sunday mornings. sometimes during the week, again on the internet. 100, 200, 400 and 600m ranges, but mostly 100 m range is used. You can't shoot 200m if the 100 m range is in use as you'd be shooting over the heads of the 100m users, and health and safety just won't allow such fun.

See you.
    Micky Duck and Rees like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Legend- possibly missed my chance afte reading the FB page! bloody Christmas period !
    not to worry- il have plenty of time in the Hunting area / Valley im goin to an if i do it the first Evening then shouldnt efect the following 10 days or so

will keep both those ranges in mind for future!