Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By distant stalker

Thread: Public Range Night at Handloaders Association

Public Range Night at Handloaders Association

Has anybody been to one of these public range nights at the New Zealand Handloaders association? What are they like as I was planing to go tomorrow night.

Hi, been to many. Normally a bit of a waste. It is a $15 charge that you pay in cash to the office. Then you get in the line of guys, half of which are time wasters. Saw one guy shoot 60 rounds of 300wsm to sight in the other week. Groups were 6" at 75m. And the amount of guys there lobbing 22s out to 100m is a joke. Normally have to hang around for an 1+ for spend 10 minutes in the range before being pressured out. (if its busy that is)
    If you rifle is bore sighted, and you get there 10 minutes early you will be able to get in and out before the rush.
    Its a pretty good time if you get a good night, unfortunately it is one of the only places in town to do it so every man and his dog turn up. Good blokes and muppets.

I thought it hight be like that, but ,my .308 has been sitting in a mates safe for a month and I want to send a few rounds downrange, i will go for some fun unless anybody else has got something better for me to shoot at?

daz
    make sure ya there early!

Can be a hassle with crowds but best option at present. Be prepared to be home late, as others hve said some people take a bloody long time to sort their rifles aand some love to take 22s and slow things down further
    mcche171 likes this.

Been to a couple to get visits signed off so that I can join and go any time I want. As mentioned they're pretty busy and you'll prob be there for a couple of hours to get a couple of goes. Put your name down at a couple of different distances you're interested in shooting at. Also quite often a 50m or 25m will open up and nobody wants it if you do take along a 22 as well. Most are there for 75-100.