Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: QBE Insurance

JWB
    Banned

QBE Insurance

From the Kiwi Gun Blog
    https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/20...acks-shooters/
    Effective 1 October 2018, QBE will no longer insure customers whose turnover is more than 50% derived from the manufacture and/or sales of firearms.

In addition, QBE will stop insuring any organisation, association or club which provides permits to own, purchase, carry or use firearms, or whose primary purpose is to support the right to bear firearms, or which conducts or otherwise supports activities involving the use of firearms. This includes shooting clubs and Political parties that support the use of firearms.

Why are we making this change?

At QBE we firmly believe that we have a responsibility to be a good corporate citizen in the communities and countries where we operate. This change is important to ensure that QBE is engaged in underwriting consistent with the Principles of Sustainable Insurance, the avoidance of reputational risk, and the increasing investor and societal concerns over the proliferation and use of firearms today.

Hard to do for some but if able cancel insurance with QBE and tell them why.
    Get more with someone else first of course.
    Sounds like an overseas response and the local supplier is following suit.
    Steve123 likes this.

Fulla
    Yes, we have had a bad run with them lately. Bussiness related, not firearms.

I’m about to shop around for a few new policies, and our broker may get a talk to, to indicate that insurance companies that have separatist, non inclusive, and against legal organisations & sports - ideals, should not submit proposals.
    Tommy and 40mm like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

dicks.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I’m about to shop around for a few new policies, and our broker may get a talk to, to indicate that insurance companies that have separatist, non inclusive, and against legal organisations & sports - ideals, should not submit proposals.
    Just how much insurance work were you potentially placing with QBE?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just how much insurance work were you potentially placing with QBE?
    Give or take, about a $3-4 m PA deal for a 5 year deal - 15-20m package.
    And quite seriously, these type of postrings come into the assessment of who we will go with. Not so much gun related but the wider thought process. (On a personal note, QBE are now on my shit list)
    Brian, timattalon and keneff like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Give or take, about a $3-4 m PA deal for a 5 year deal - 15-20m package.
    And quite seriously, these type of postrings come into the assessment of who we will go with. Not so much gun related but the wider thought process. (On a personal note, QBE are now on my shit list)
    Well now, that was silly of them. tsk tsk
    Beaker likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

As a member of a significant local club this greatly worries me that a business can show this level of discrimination against a significant portion of society when this portion is law abiding, vetted, licensed and FIT AND PROPER persons that the police have licensed to partake in a legal sporting activity. They are discrimination against people because of what they believe.
    We believe we are legally allowed and encouraged to members of these clubs / groups. These clubs and groups are made up of people who believe in our rights as LICENSED firearms owners.

They would not pick on a church or religious group, nor any other portion of society such as race gender preference etc.

I hope the bastards get hit financially really hard.
    Beaker and csmiffy like this.

Bill Donovan is the general manager of the New Zealand QBE. I just so happen to know where he lives, so can drop off printed or written letters that are reasonably written etc.
    Please take the time to write something.
    PM me for my postal address.

Enough of these might get a response.
    Use enough gun

Unless anyone has his email address? I dont want to ask him for it, then suddenly his inbox is overloaded...
    Use enough gun

Pitty then his email is at the bottom of the press release.

Their loss.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Pitty then his email is at the bottom of the press release.
    really! I should have read it then! oops.
    Use enough gun

sounds like QBE have a hot new little spin doctor. I find it ironic how insurance companies have such high lofty statements of purpose considering a lot of their activity and practises lie around the other end of the spectrum,and its acknowledged theyre in essence a bloody law unto themselves.take ya money -shit yeah -pay out -nup mate got gorse in me pocketds -read ya contract ya mug
    insurance like bank managers,dentists ,mother in laws -a sad fact of life you really dont want to talk about,but have to .
    still cheer up folks plenty of other insurers in the sea ,not doubt happy to accept your business.
    csmiffy likes this.