Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Restoring Sporterised Lee Enfield

Can anyone tell me if it's a straightforward process to restore a sporterised LE 303 back to fully wooded? I want a wooded model at a reasonable price and I wondered if it was feasible to start and work backward from a sport version which seem to be more available and cheaper than unmodified rifles?

Depending on which model enfield (and what parts are required) there's not much in it price wise. Finding replacement wood work at a reasonable price is the hardest part.

If you want a complete set of the metal work required, send me a PM. I have a spare set left over after a similar re build.

res
    Properly fitting wood to a rifle that has already been fitted to another has added to my Gray hair count more than once, personally I would say that unless there is a particular rifle that your trying to bring back its just as cheep and most of the time better to just buy one that has the never been ducked with.
    I "run" a farcebook group that's all about Lee enfeilds from a NZ perspective and there are folks on there with a lot of experience if you need to get more info-one member is currently on the same road as your talking about going down
    Using Tapatalk

That sounds interesting, what's the Facebook group?

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That sounds interesting, what's the Facebook group?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/729247080450782/

It's not a big group, about 60 but we gain aprox a member a week and all are either New Zealanders or overseas collectors who's main interest is NZ issue rifles.
    Using Tapatalk

Hi Ruger,
    I replied earlier by PM but didn't realise at the time that new members can't do PM until they complete 5 posts.