Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rotorua rifle range

Rotorua rifle range

I see on their calendar that it is the CNIGC today, does anyone that is going to this know what the chances of getting to sight a rifle in today would be? Popping over from Hamilton after getting new trigger fitted and barrel free floated.

I may just pop out anyway and chance my luck, you can only but ask.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

@Willie pop down here and sight it in only a hour from hamilton

Cheers for that Mucko, managed to get on the range at Rotorua, right good bunch of buggers the CNIGC. They had the AR15's going, bbq going and good chat. Almost thought about an ar15 the way they were throwing the pills down the range

Still need to get way more shooting practice done so happy to trade beer and bullshit for time sending lead at a hill.

Oh and also got a chance to try some hand loads a fella made up for me which worked out a treat. New trigger, free floating barrel, sighted in, hand loads and grouping is a lot neater now.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

@Willie the shooting is free i dont need much excuse to smash the gong
    Pengy, rs200nz and Willie like this.

Excellent Mucko, two long weekends coming up, sure I can manage down to send some lead.
    Good bunch of buggers this lot.

Better set the gongs at 50 paces to give me a chance

Mate @mucko is a good bugger we have regular range and bullshit sessions there get yourself there and I will even show up to join yas for a gong shoot and some bullshit slinging
    Willie likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Righty oh, lets sort this out then. Planning a trip down to Te Kuiti for some goat, never had it so worth a try. Will do early morning and if you fancy knocking on the gongs mid morning or so then i'm game for that, either that or come along and find some goat @mucko and .308 how does Saturday look for you both? Pm if easier, cheers

i will be away the weekend of 24th the weekend after is fine by me though @Willie to get @hunter308 along would need to be a sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i will be away the weekend of 24th the weekend after is fine by me though @Willie to get @hunter308 along would need to be a sunday.
    1st Feb i would be keen then. what about you @hunter308?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    1st Feb i would be keen then. what about you @hunter308?
    I have now been reliably informed by my lovely wife that weekend is booked. Therefore gentlemen may i suggest the following Sunday just after Waitangi.
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    Oi @mucko all I need is the word and a leave form will be submitted on a monday morning prior to the suggested date. @Wille I would be keen as for either some gong bashing or a goat hunt always been wanting to get out and try and get a nanny for the freezer and I would be very happy to do that just to get some blood on the 270, so if you wanted to do the 31st I can certainly arrange a day off

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I have now been reliably informed by my lovely wife that weekend is booked. Therefore gentlemen may i suggest the following Sunday just after Waitangi.
    Thanks for that
    Yeah sweet as @Willie I was intending on having that long weekend off anyway as I can't be buggered with those public holidays on a friday then working the day after then having another day off so I may as well do the whole weekend and make the most of it .

@ hunter i am heading down on the 24th and plan on getting some billy if they behave themselves and if that works for you would be great, 31st is out- her indoors orders, 7th Feb is in, reacon if all is well both billy and gongs. Yup i am a greedy bugger lol.
    Just away to check out the Te Kuiti spots now.

@ hunter i am heading down on the 24th and plan on getting some billy if they behave themselves and if that works for you would be great, 31st is out- her indoors orders, 7th Feb is in, reacon if all is well both billy and gongs. Yup i am a greedy bugger lol.
    Just away to check out the Te Kuiti spots now.
    Definitely keen for the 7th @Willie, will pass on the 24th as my son @hunter270 is flying back home to blenheim on that day so going to take him up to Auckland airport to see him off to be fair on him.

Is this a NZDA range? I have moved to Whakatane and looking for a range.I have not heard of a range closer than Tga or Rotorua. cheers Dave