Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By res2
  • 1 Post By 6x47
  • 1 Post By Gerardo
  • 2 Post By Taupohunter
  • 1 Post By kiwial

Thread: SCATT

SCATT

This device clips onto your barrel and givers a trace of its movement onto your computer screen. One model uses infrared so is mostly used indoors for dry firing and another has a visible light camera so you can also use it outdoors combined with live firing.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...-tips.3949837/
    https://www.accurateshooter.com/gear...ronic-trainer/
    https://www.scatt.com/

Is anyone here using one ?

Are they mostly intended for sports that use open sights (aperture) rather than a scope ?
    Any experience with high recoil setups like a deer hunting rifle or spring airgun ?

I have one, has helped me learn to build shooting positions for PRS style shooting much much more than the same $ spent on ammo would have. I don't find it fun to use, and you have to commit to putting in the time but I have found adding 15 min of dryfire practice to most days has improved my shooting more than I would have ever believed- I wish it had been around when I was shooting smallbore seriously.

works regardless of sighting system-I have tried it on everything from airsoft pistols to elr rigs

I REALLY want to upgrade to a wireless one.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    the fool known as res got locked out of his account so made this one

They have been around for at least 10 years, maybe 15?. Very commonly used in small bore at a elite level.

I'd guess more than 15yrs, nothing new
    ebf likes this.

ebf
    @Bagheera, yes I have played with the SCATT system.

It is primarily intended for off the elbows type or 3P shooting. I gave it a go from a F-class perspective. As you can imagine it does not show significant movement from a stable rest.

Where it does have the potential to diagnose some issues is of you have a strange grip, or doing something fairly violent during trigger pull. But it is pretty limited - you would not be getting very far in F-class if either of those are happening.

I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve. For something like the more unstable parts of NZDA 4P I could see it having its uses.

Dry fire with something like DFAT or IDTS is worth considering, I think the main benefit of those is that they teach you to become a lot more aware of where your shot breaks...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I was interested to see what this was about after reading this title... wasn't what I expected!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Chicken likes this.
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

grubby minds..

They are designed for 3 Positional shooting. I have spent a few years using one when I was competing. Awesome for standing and kneeling practice. Save me thousands in ammo. But I would suggest a complete waste of time if you are shooting off a bipod.
    Bagheera and ebf like this.
    there are only two things guns fear
    rust and politicians

I have the camera model and have used it while live firing 50m rimfire and long range Fullbore.
    As previously mentioned using the system from a supported / stable position is not what the system was designed for but is brilliant for developing unsupported shooting skills.
    Bagheera likes this.