Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Scope Dilemma, Ruger Precision

Scope Dilemma, Ruger Precision

Am contemplating getting an RPR to fit under my Kahles 6-24. Problem is its a 34mm tube and needs rings/mounts to be 13.6mm high for the scope to clear the forward picatinny rail on the RPR. Warne only go 12.5mm, but I can get a Spuhr mount, and some other full one piece mount, that are high enough but the price is way up there. Another alternative is to mill out the forward picatinny rail under the scope bell. Or fit an after market forend if I can find one that doesnt have 15" of superfluous rail on top of it. Any one had a similar problem, or anyone got any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Am contemplating getting an RPR to fit under my Kahles 6-24. Problem is its a 34mm tube and needs rings/mounts to be 13.6mm high for the scope to clear the forward picatinny rail on the RPR. Warne only go 12.5mm, but I can get a Spuhr mount, and some other full one piece mount, that are high enough but the price is way up there. Another alternative is to mill out the forward picatinny rail under the scope bell. Or fit an after market forend if I can find one that doesnt have 15" of superfluous rail on top of it. Any one had a similar problem, or anyone got any suggestions.
    I have some Barrett 34mm rings here

Are they at least 13.6 mm from top of Picatinny rail to bottom of scope Greg? And how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Are they at least 13.6 mm from top of Picatinny rail to bottom of scope Greg? And how much?
    I will have look tomorrow, so 13.6 from top of rail to underside of scope tube.

Just checked the Barrett website Greg, looks like the 34mm ultra high will be the ones I need. And yes 13.6mm from top of rail to underside of scope.

A mate had to go out and buy new rings to fit his 40mm scope on.
    An half round foreend might sell a few units.
    Judicious Grinding out of the factory foreend rail could also be a good option. The whole concept is customisation.l

The new RPR enhanced will soon be around and their handguard don't have the 12oclock rail.
    Ops, another reason for a second rifle??

res
    There are any number of plain round ar hand guards out there, the good news is selling the fact try rail would more than fund the change.
    Or just get the file out-this is what I would probably do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Warne do 34mm rings in various heights. Kilwell Sports have them although I see they are not on the Kilwell website. Give them a phone call and I think you will find they have some.
    Last time I got some for my own K624i I got a couple of different height ones and sent the one I didn't need back.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

What Res said,
    the new Enhanced RPR has exactly that.

An AR buff will scoop up your old rail pretty quickly...
    Name:  ruger_enhanced_5-660x372.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  18.9 KB

You may wnat to look at a set of Millet 34mm High , I have used them to mount a 4-16x50 PMII S&B , and theres a fair bit of room under the scope , so the 56mm lens will be close , and if its touching , just grind out the gap .

They cost me $90 and they where in NZ , nice .

22.6mm , from the top of the pitcanny rail to the bottom of the scope ring , they are alloy , and use 6 screws per ring , I like them , especially for the price .

If you scope does not clear , I would ONLY grind out the section you need , as I find the front end section good to mount a top mounting Low C og G type bipod like the phoenix etc .

Did some research last night, would have liked to have the new enhanced model, but the rifle is already in country. A new forend is an option. There are 34mm rings out there that will do the job, both 1 piece type mounts and traditional 2 piece rings, but most are very expensive. Checked out Weaver and they have a 6 hole Picatinny ring in X-high. Sent an email to them at 9pm and received a reply this morning with the appropriate heights. The X-high is high enough, so have now asked my gunshop if they can get a set. Failing that will check out some of the suggestions above, thanks guys.

Knoxy_09 likes this.

Millet , DET 34mm , High Matte , # DT00723 , thats the info on the packet , $90 here in NZ , I had a set of steel rings on order , basically $300 + gst , lucky I got saw these in Wanganui , and the steel rings where on back order still , cancelled them .