Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aurochs

Thread: Service rifle clubs southland??????

Service rifle clubs southland??????

anyone know of any??? PLEASE HELP

There's the Antique Arms Association. Pm me for a cell number of one of the members if you like.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Might have to start a SR club yourself mate, then we'll see you here at the NZSRA Nationals at Waiouru next year. There are 59 SR shooters being hosted by the NZ Army at ATG Waiouru right now, last three matches to be shot on the Taylor Range tomorrow. We're shooting against a small but determined team from Aussie Sporting Shooters Association, and the NZ Army Combat Shooting Team.

We're enjoying fantastic matches in both Tactical Rifle and Service Rifle class.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Might have to start a SR club yourself mate, then we'll see you here at the NZSRA Nationals at Waiouru next year. There are 59 SR shooters being hosted by the NZ Army at ATG Waiouru right now, last three matches to be shot on the Taylor Range tomorrow. We're shooting against a small but determined team from Aussie Sporting Shooters Association, and the NZ Army Combat Shooting Team.

We're enjoying fantastic matches in both Tactical Rifle and Service Rifle class.
    what rifle do you compete with Ray.

Hi Neckers, usually a DPMS M4 Carbine with an Elcan Spectre OS4 scope but this weekend I'm shooting Tactical with my JP15 Supermatch and Nightforce 5.5-22x50 MOAR. Most us civvies are shooting AR's but there are about 3 SIG 550's and an HK. The Army combat team are all using their Steyrs.
    Last edited by ishoot10s; 30-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Banned
    Exspensive hardware and unlike the army you gotta pay for everything!!! Id love a blat on that gear though.Running boar could be a goer to this year.when are you doing another SR shoot? id love to come and have a looksee! aslong as its around my area ish!.

SR covers bolt action too, we have one guy shooting a swiss K31 here now. The cheaper AR's like NEA can shoot in Tactical class as can any tricked out semi really. For Service class it must be General Issue style, no free-float etc and must be iron sights or military issue scope. You should touch base with the WSRA guys, they shoot at Kaitoke, and sometimes Brancepeth near Masterton and Gladstone. They have an ANZAC shoot that is all bolt actions Enfields etc.

Banned
    umm food for thought 3rd project status.........

RRA Hunter, The Bruce Rifle Club in Milton regulary shoot service matches but could be a bit far away for you. Have a look on WSRA and contact the secretary. They can point you in the right direction or help you set up your own matches at a local club.

Bruce Rifle club, May 12th Service Rifle Action shoot. Engage multiple targets while walking a set course. 50+ rounds required. Bring a bayonet along if you have one—you might need it…..
    steven likes this.

Shut up and Shoot
    If you keen on starting a Service Branch is Southland the NZSRA will help, just send me a PM if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurochs View Post
    Bruce Rifle club, May 12th Service Rifle Action shoot. Engage multiple targets while walking a set course. 50+ rounds required. Bring a bayonet along if you have one—you might need it…..
    Who dares quote my newsletter?

The date of this shoot is set to change to May 26th.

We do have a few members from Southland - one of which is very active in our Service Rifle shoots - it is a long way to come, but we usually have a great days shooting, and to my knowledge there's nowhere else south of the Waitaki who do what we do. We are many things to all men - we don't shoot just one shooting discipline like many other Clubs in the region.

Rock river arms hunter (or anyone else for that matter) - feel free to get in touch with me if you want more info on Bruce Rifle Club and our activities...
    Last edited by fernleaf; 19-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fernleaf View Post
    Who dares quote my newsletter?...
    Just my little recruiting effort

Ernie

The 2013 Annual Bruce Rifle Club Service Rifle Competition is set for 27 October 2013.

More info on the website - BRCSRC