Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Norway
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 4 Post By Norway
  • 1 Post By 6x47
  • 1 Post By Norway

Thread: Shooter improvement

Shooter improvement

This one is long and boring, but perhaps useful. How to use your bullet strikes to deduct your possible errors.

Gibo and grunzter like this.

I was waiting for that seagull in the beginning to explode into a cloud of feathers Good advice about not getting to worked up and frustrated if the shooting isn't coming together. Easier said than done sometimes but good advice.
    Cheers Norway.
    Norway likes this.

northdude
    I need to learn not to get pissed off when the shooting doesn't come together
    Norway likes this.

Hi Norway, that was one of your better videos; thanks for posting.

I loved the ferry, the windage turret not dialed to zero (truth: we all do that ! and so easily correctable with great accuracy bonus), calling shots and logging the bad ones (sounds obvious but not often done. That could be my training focus this summer). It's also great to have someone showing some "misses" on the internet; most shooters don't have the confidence to do that.

Tell me, is that coffee in your thermos and do you think it gives a tremor ?

Yes that is coffee. I don't think it is doing my shooting any favours, but I am drinking too much of the shit at work (that coffee is plain horrible - I still drink it) so I am borderline addicted.
    Currently, I think the withdrawal from coffee would give more tremors than drinking the actual coffee.

That is indeed coffee and I drink too much of the shit (the coffe at work really is shit. Still drink it.) Can't see it doing my shooting any favours.
    Currently I am borderline addicted and I think withdrawing would cause more tremors than actually drinking the stuff.

As they say, the start to fixing an addiction is admitting you have one

I drink too much coffee but the alternatives look less attractive.
    Norway likes this.

R93
    Hey Thomas, you may have posted the info before but I am interested in the underslung bipod.
    Got a link to the the brand and specs please.

Also what range were you shooting?
    How many rounds thru that barrel?

I am guzzling my 5th mug of coffee today so maybe I have a problem as well😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    As they say, the start to fixing an addiction is admitting you have one

I drink too much coffee but the alternatives look less attractive.
    Why would we want to fix that addiction?

I've had 3 cups this morning (at work) and my stomach is in a revolt.

The bipod is Rifle Precision System, manufactured in Norway https://www.rifle-precision-system.c...uaou5iefck0gb0. I really like it for the broken terrain the Scottish clearcuts have, long legs and solid enough to punch through the soft stuff so I can get a firm rest. I bled for the Titanium version as I was willing to pay for the reduced weight, I think it's around 450grams which is low for this size bipod.

Other than that, it works the same as my el cheapo Deal Extreme bipod (which is around 700 grams and slightly less flexible with regards to places I can shoot from).

I've recently been tipped about the Elite Iron bipod. Looks interesting, but I have no experience with it EliteIron High Quality Suppressors. It should have most of the RPS features with the additional ability to lock.

The shooting here should be 100m sharp and this barrel has more than 1000 (because I have finished the first ammunition batch) but less than 2000 (because I have not finished the second ammunition batch). My last 6,5x284 barrel was retired at 2400 rds. It was still shooting fine at 400, but not good enough at 600.
    Uplandstalker likes this.

R93
    Cheers for the link. Think I have relieved too much material out of the forend on my offroad stock to allow a versa pod spigot.
    Although I still have the sling attached there via a qd stud.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Cheers for the link. Think I have relieved too much material out of the forend on my offroad stock to allow a versa pod spigot.
    Although I still have the sling attached there via a qd stud.

I'm thinking swapping to a Versa Pod on my new stock(Rem M7). However, I'm going to drill and bed in a spigot to the stock. This removes the QD stud adapter.

Your cheek looks as if it has plenty of contact with the butt. Did you find much difference after changing the foam insert ? How consistent is your cheek weld from one month to the next when you use a canvas " butt wallet" ?

Easier said than done IMO. People often get frustrated even when they miss the target by an inch. The only trait every shooter must possess is the patience before and after pulling the trigger.
    Get firearms safety training course only from any NRA certified training school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    Your cheek looks as if it has plenty of contact with the butt. Did you find much difference after changing the foam insert ? How consistent is your cheek weld from one month to the next when you use a canvas " butt wallet" ?
    Yes, plenty of contact but low pressure.
    Yes, elevation reduced to what I can shoot.
    I am pretty sure a firm cheekrest will be better for consistent pressure. However, I checked today and I am shooting precision 0,5 MOA now and I am happy with that. (My accuracy is still sub 1 MOA).

New video in the making...

Nice Video! Thanks for sharing it.

Is that the Digermulen-Finnvik Ferge?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"