Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Taranaki help for a box of piss

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238

    Taranaki help for a box of piss

    Hey guys ive had a mishap with my rifle and Im in need of sighting my rifle in again. My rifles rings had to replaced such a cunt man. Im going for a hunt next weekend and this is the only sunny day in the naki for a week. I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows anyones place I could sight my rifle in im more then happy to give them a box of their chosen poison. I hate asking for help like this but yeah. Also my rifles calibre is .308. Sorry for asking again guys

  2. #2
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    20,239
    Sounds serious dude, what happened? Hope its only the rings that are rooted
    Been Upto likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Sounds serious dude, what happened? Hope its only the rings that are rooted
    The talleys I bought, I got a guy at hunting and fishing to put them on and when I went to send my rifle away to be threaded the rings have been screwed on too tight and fucked it, such a cunt man but awhell. Put the standard ones back on. Now I have to sight it back in.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Hey guys ive had a mishap with my rifle and Im in need of sighting my rifle in again. My rifles rings had to replaced such a cunt man. Im going for a hunt next weekend and this is the only sunny day in the naki for a week. I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows anyones place I could sight my rifle in im more then happy to give them a box of their chosen poison. I hate asking for help like this but yeah. Also my rifles calibre is .308. Sorry for asking again guys
    Pm sent

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    Pm sent

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Thanks again for your help today mate. I really appreciate it. Top bloke cheers

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    140
    What length did you end up getting it chopped back to?
    Been Upto likes this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    What length did you end up getting it chopped back to?
    I decided not to do it in the end,Ive decided to buy another rifle to convert into a bushpig.
    Max Headroom likes this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    140
    Fair call. Always need reasons to buy more rifles
    Steve123 and Been Upto like this.

  9. #9
    Member Max Headroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    I decided not to do it in the end,Ive decided to buy another rifle to convert into a bushpig.
    I'm sure you'll find something used but in good condition to bushpigize, (Oh look I just made a new word).

    Or are you gonna go new?
    Been Upto likes this.

  10. #10
    Member Ground Control's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aussie / Marlborough Sounds
    Posts
    689
    I see a threaded 15 inch .308 Tikka barrel on TradeMe .
    Screw it on your Tikka , buy a Suppressor and you have your PIG .

    Ken
    Been Upto likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I'm sure you'll find something used but in good condition to bushpigize, (Oh look I just made a new word).

    Or are you gonna go new?
    Hey bro because of my lack of experience with rifles and such I wouldnt know what to look for when I buy a used one. Decided to just buy a new one. Im by no means well off but Id rather save for abit then buy a lemon as such. Cheers

  12. #12
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Hey bro because of my lack of experience with rifles and such I wouldnt know what to look for when I buy a used one. Decided to just buy a new one. Im by no means well off but Id rather save for abit then buy a lemon as such. Cheers
    true but new ones can be lemons too..................even so called custom new ones
    Sideshow and Been Upto like this.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    true but new ones can be lemons too..................even so called custom new ones
    Whats the deal with custom rifles ever ran one?

  14. #14
    Member Micky Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    3,388
    tits tyres or triggers....if its got em it will be fun to use and cost you money.

    all three can be had new or 2nd hand
    all three can be good or bad from new
    the trick with vechiles or firearms (sheilahs not so much) is to get someone more knowledgeable than yourself to help you check them out BEFORE shelling out your $$$$$
    rifles and cars come with a concrete guarantee...once you buy and walk across concrete footpath they are guaranteed to be worth less than you paid.
    for a bush carbine.......you can get away with less spec than your long range slayer..eg mine is a elcheapho norinco 7.62x39mm bolt action and she kills deer,pigs and wallabies just fine n dandy UNDER 150 yards...thats what I got it for and also for young fellas and or a borrow rifle. a bit like the old rust bucket banger down the driveway,nothing flash but does the job.

  15. #15
    Member homebrew.357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    643
    What about when you cross the concrete with your hands full and bump into a pear of large pearler titis!!, You drop the new rifle and stuff up the scope!!. PS , Sorry guys, the pic was censored.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. A piss take
    By Pengy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2014, 06:38 AM
  2. Is this a piss take?
    By Nibblet in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 09:55 PM
  3. Cat Piss
    By SIKAHUNTER in forum Off topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 15-06-2013, 09:50 AM
  4. piss rant fail
    By Neckshot in forum Off topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  5. Piss take pics
    By Philipo in forum Photography and Video
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!